Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-31-2001, 07:32 AM
LawnSite Member

I agree with Kurt. If you want to work for a major corporation with little chance of becoming one of the top few, I would look at the MBA program.

However, if you like lawncare, are making a decent living, and like having a good deal of control over your situation, I don't think the MBA makes a lot of financial sense. I don't think any of your lawn care customers will care whether you have an MBA in business, or just an undergraduate degree in advanced basketweaving, or for that matter any degree at all. As long as you provide good service at a fair price your customers will be happy.

That being said, picking up business courses from whatever source is a good idea to help you in your business. I just don't think the MBA would be worth it.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Take the GMAT first ........ http://www.gmac.com/

than even see if your motivated to do that ..... I was in the same boat years ago when I got my graduates in business ….I took the test ...... passed ....... decided that the MBA would be great in an office environment ....but I’m running a Grounds Maintenance company ……n I love it ……I don’t WANT to work for anyone else ….. if I was in a business environment which makes sense ..... Architect, lawyer, CPA etc I would have finished

you can make $$ at this ....but to make that to match an MBA you'd have to be "Real Big Time" ......I say if you really love what you studied ....want to pursue it further .....than take the test .....see if you can get in the program .....if you have financial backing …….than do it ….but don’t get one in Business to stay in this field ……UNLESS you plan to seek out an upper job in one of the big 10 Landscape companies ………..but your going to need a degree in horticulture also ....good luck

" Think I'll Come Back Here ....... From
Time to Time ...... Every Now n' Then

Fantasy Lawns. Com
Old 07-31-2001, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That was kind of funny. GMAC is my mortgage company and I wondered what they had to do with taking the GMAT. It's got GMACMORTGAGE.com for an email address.