Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-01-2006, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMower
Your right, they are both good. jbell113 will be happy with the Red Max, its just not the same happy as he would be with the BR 600.

Iv had the BR 600 for three days now. My guy and I prefer using the BR 600. Its the first blower we grab. But if hes using it, I have no problem using the Red Max 8000 as long as it doesn't break. I used the Red Max all day yesterday... what ever. Together we moved a mountain of leafs. I just kept looking over at him in envy, lol.

I know, i use the 600 over the echo everytime
Old 12-02-2006, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMower
Your right, they are both good. jbell113 will be happy with the Red Max, its just not the same happy as he would be with the BR 600.

Iv had the BR 600 for three days now. My guy and I prefer using the BR 600. Its the first blower we grab. But if hes using it, I have no problem using the Red Max 8000 as long as it doesn't break. I used the Red Max all day yesterday... what ever. Together we moved a mountain of leafs. I just kept looking over at him in envy, lol.
Time will tell the better blower.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron's Lawncare
i found the opposite i could only get 45-50 min on the echo at full throttle. i can get over an hour with the Redmax a full throttle.
i only get ~1hr out of the huge tank on the redmax.... its a gashog no doubt.. My echo 43cc backpack sips gas in comparison. I can use that for lawns all week on the same tank, and its much less gas than the redmax tank. I think 45oz fuel compared to what 80oz for the redmax?

Even leaf cleanups, i fill that big redmax tank and hell it feels like 20 minutes ago you gassed up and the thing is dying on me already
Old 12-02-2006, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairfreak98ss
i only get ~1hr out of the huge tank on the redmax.... its a gashog no doubt.. My echo 43cc backpack sips gas in comparison. I can use that for lawns all week on the same tank, and its much less gas than the redmax tank. I think 45oz fuel compared to what 80oz for the redmax?

Even leaf cleanups, i fill that big redmax tank and hell it feels like 20 minutes ago you gassed up and the thing is dying on me already
If you do the math I bet you are using less gas with the redmax because you will get twice as much done in half the time.

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 12-03-2006, 06:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=Ramairfreak98ss]i only get ~1hr out of the huge tank on the redmax.... its a gashog no doubt.. My echo 43cc backpack sips gas in comparison. QUOTE]

Not the echo 750, it sucks gas to
Old 12-03-2006, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I am on my 3rd week with my br600....Its running better with every tank. I ran yesterday for 5 hours, when i was almost done pulled out my 755.....There was no comparison, the 600 is a much stronger blower.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW Lawn
I am on my 3rd week with my br600....Its running better with every tank. I ran yesterday for 5 hours, when i was almost done pulled out my 755.....There was no comparison, the 600 is a much stronger blower.

The 600 is a nice all around blower.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gamba
The 600 is a nice all around blower.
We are running three of the units now and I think you said dead on.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
We are running three of the units now and I think you said dead on.

We are expecting some sort of snow tomorrow. I have already thought of using the 600. I wish i had a 8000 just in case its gets heavy
Old 12-03-2006, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well Lawnmower,

I don't have experience with the 8000... but do have over a month of experience with the 8001, which is similar but not the same.

Personally, I would have to totally agree with you about the airstream between RedMax and the BR600. I gave up on trying to explain it to people. The BR600 does have a more directed air stream, and it does move air the same speed.

So in some situations it is very hard to tell the difference in "power" between the two... depending on what your definition of power is. For light blowing and stuck stuff blowing it's real hard to tell a difference, and in some situations I prefer the more directed air stream at the same speed.

HOWEVER, although the BR600 may move the air at the same MPH in a smaller stream and seem as powerful.... it's just not. It doesn't move anywhere near the amount of air volume.

When you are just starting a job, even if the leaf cover is extremely heavy, with the 8001 you can just hit the throttle, and if you test it by just walking straight forward, you'll find you can clear a swath atleast 5-6 feet wide as fast as you can go with it.

In some applications the BR600 seems as powerful as the 8001 due to it's pinpoint airstream, but it's really not. This will become evident to you once you start to move really large piles of dry leaves.

In the end, I'm going to order the RedMax accessory nozzles. Then I'll be able to direct all those extra CFM and the air speed will probably go to 220 or more too. This will come in handy for a few things here and there, like stuff really stuck to hard surfaces, ect....

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"