Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2006, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Holiday Gifts & Cards. Need some ideas.

Just curious what you guys will spend (read invest) in your clients for holiday cards/gifts.

Last year I did Chocolate cordials in small gift bags with a holiday card. Cost was roughly $7.50/ea plus my hand delivery to about 36 people. In years past I did Poinsettia's+cards

With this years growth it doesn't seem appropriate to give a $7.50 gift to someone who spent $17K with me this year. This year I will be stepping up big time. I exported my clients to excel and sorted them by income they gave to me. I broke them into 3 categories $250-799, $800-1999, $2,000+.

I have a budget of $1,000 and 49 clients and associates to give to.

I will be talking with my gift basket lady later today. As it stands I have picked a Leather Tuscany Wine Holder/Travel Box. Description: Elegant simulated leather travel wine case with fashion snap closure, accent stitching and carrying handle. Inside amenities for the wine enthusiast: thermometer, stainless steel opener, stopper, pourer and collar. Logo is imprinted on silver plate. Add a bottle of our premium harvest wines for an additional fee;

These will go out to my 12 best clients @ a cost of $32/ea,

I have 2 dozen that fall into the second tier which I have a budget of $20/ea for. I haven't picked anything for them yet. Finally I have a budget of $6.67 for the final and lowest tier of customers. They will receive the cordials +cards again.

I'm looking for ideas for the second tier of customers. I would like them to be something they will not eat and toss the wrapper, but rather it will sit around the house on the counter and hold magazines, or the TV-remotes or something like that. I really like the mugs that ETWman has made for his clients. Something to reinforce my presence in their homes.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

BSD, sounds like a good idea, I like the idea of the wine holder with your logo on it. Even the mugs are a good idea to keep your name in their mind. I'm a little embarrassed to say, but I've never done much of anything for my clients for the holidays. Typically, December is such a mad rush to finish, we are going full steam into Christmas, so I'm only focused on that. We are a bit ahead of schedule this year, so I've had more time to think. I am doing a personalized thank you/holiday letter to all my clients, and including a color brochure I had made up this year, emphasizing the landscape install aspects of my company. So I guess a combination happy holiday/sales pitch mailing
Please keep us posted on how this goes for you, I would definitely be interested in hearing the response from people.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

personally I would keep the sales end out of it. Make this mailing/delivers solely about customer appreciation. It will go farther. Send that to them in January or February to get their mouths wet before the start again in March.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have been giving out microwave popcorn imprinted with company name and logo, and they really seem to like that.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Google "The Swiss Colony". I don't know the website... They have some great gift arrangements with differnent meats, cheeses, and chocolates. That's what I'm giving this year to my large customers.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I sent cookie baskets @ $20 each
Old 12-06-2006, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
Google "The Swiss Colony". I don't know the website... They have some great gift arrangements with differnent meats, cheeses, and chocolates. That's what I'm giving this year to my large customers.
My family ordered some stuff for friends and family from the swiss colony as well. Great stuff. Dang good cheese. Support wisconsin businesses

Old 12-07-2006, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

how bout a $20 gift card to the

Everyone likes them

------------
Frontier Lawn's Website
-----------

http://www.givemeliberty.org/
Old 12-07-2006, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Gift cards might work. thanks.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

or enclose a bizz size card with 3 card options for them.
1 olive garden or anything you think of
2 chili's or anything you think of
3 applebees or anything you think of
let them circle the one they would like to have and have them send it back to you to send them there card of choice

------------
Frontier Lawn's Website
-----------

http://www.givemeliberty.org/