Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2006, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Take a look at Scags new homeowner Z. For $4000 your buying a residential machine. If your a homeowner you should be fine. If your cutting commercially, definatly not going to work.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If your on a $4K budget ....n your in FL .... cutting mostly St. Aug ..... back track a little

Your gonna want n something which mulch's ..... easy to raise n lower deck height ... cause ya know in mid Summer that St. Aug can get pretty tall n thick ....n when it's wet it nice to have a discharge option ...outside of the mulch deck ..... get the most HP you can get ....

Can go on n on back n forth over manufacturers .... but we work in a different world than those N of Dixie ...its hot ... humid ....we cut year round ....dusty .... dirty all the time ....it can be raining 1 minute ....dump an inch of water than the sun breaks out n bakes it back up to 95 in less than a hour ..... seems every one has a gate less than 40" .... n every snow-bird out there wants to plant something every 3 foot ...n install 15 irrigation heads in a 20x20' front lawn .... so it's got to be versatile as well as maneuverable

All that said ....me I'd get a used Walker ...OR ....thou I don't own one .... they look good ...look at Stander, JD style mowers ....not really a Z but the price new is in your budget ....although you'll need to finance some of it ...they are compact n can move around real tight spots

" Think I'll Come Back Here ....... From
Time to Time ...... Every Now n' Then

Fantasy Lawns. Com

Last edited by Fantasy Lawns; 12-06-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Look on ebay for a used commercial
Old 12-06-2006, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLANDS
If your are looking for a true commercial ZTR and have the work I would put the 4000 down on a new ZTR and finance the rest over 3-4 years. Your costs would be minimal per month. I would do that instead of wasting money on a used mower or a homeowner class rider.

exactly you can waste the $4000 you have now when that home owner POS is broken beyond repair in 6-12 months or you can finance $2000-4000 more and get a mower that will last 3-8 YEARS. And of course there is always used.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma200
Used Commercial unit.
Problem is that they are commercially beaten. All the used ones in my area either have under 50 hrs because they were a demo or have 1500+ and are about to sh** the bed.

6.5'x10.5' dual axle trailer-FULL of equip.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenN'Clean
Look on ebay for a used commercial
Ebay is great for electronics that can be shipped cross country for pennies on the dollar. For equipment on the otherhand, ebay is a great big tease. you find exactly what you want for less thatn what you would want to pay but the thing is in china, and shipping cancels out the bargain. I've done the local searches and have only found either parts or just pure garbage. Ebay can be used to ballpark prices, but is not much more useful that that to me.

6.5'x10.5' dual axle trailer-FULL of equip.