Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-14-2000, 08:46 AM
Scraper Scraper is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,656
With all the discussion regarding pesticide licensing, I was wondering how much y'all pay for the required insurance endorsement? I have been staying away from the use of herbicides and pesticides as I do not want to have a conflict with the regulatory agencies as being unlicensed and I have not become licensed because I was unsure whether it would be profitable enough after paying the licensing fees and the insurance. I am in eastern PA, so if any of you are in PA that would be best, but all responses are appreciated!<p>Hope this made sense...<p>Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2000, 09:25 AM
lawrence stone's Avatar
lawrence stone lawrence stone is offline
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Posts: 2,079
The test fees are small.<p>The yearly license fees were $60 this year with a slight increase for next year.<p>Ohio Casuality offers insurance with a pest<br>endorcement for $400/in monthly payments $36.33. Harleysville and CNA<br>also write PA pest endorcemnets but they have<br>a $500 min on commercial liability.<p>Get licensed so you will have the knowledge<br>and proper insurance to protect the general<br>public from yourself.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2000, 10:43 AM
Scraper Scraper is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,656
Thank-you Lawrence, I was hoping that you'd respond as I believe you are from the general area. If I am reading your post correctly, that $400 includes general liability, correct? <p>Thanks!<p>P.S. Like I did note, I am not and have not used any pesticides or herbicides as of yet. Although I'm sure the general public still needs to be protected from me. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2000, 09:19 PM
cantoo cantoo is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,921
Canadian prices. <br> Core manual and 1 module $150.00<br> Each additional module $135.00<br> 2 day preparation course $120.00<br> Agriculture course and exam $65.00<br> Up to 2 rewrites $30.00<br>Plus $90 for Exterminator's Licence for 3 years. <br>Plus a $200 fee to the M.O.E. for an Operator Licence<br>My insurance is $350 for up to $5000 in receivables.<br> Yeah your right it is cheap...
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2000, 11:06 PM
scottlawns scottlawns is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 144
does that ins....part of your basic liability,and where do you insure your equiptment(or is it all at the same place)and do you put your truck on your lawn insurance or do you just put it with the same as like wifes car??<p>Thankyou Scott
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Grand View Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 PM.

Page generated in 0.07387 seconds with 10 queries