Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-09-2006, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnInOrder
This is how i have been doing it for the last 4 years. I have a craftsman lawn tractor (Lt1000) with a 22hp v-twin brigs and my golf cart which is an 18hp v-twin kawi. they both have plows.The tractor has wheel weights and tire chains and is great for snow up to 8 inches. After about 8 inches of snow the wheel start to spin. The golfcart is good up to 6 inches of light snow. I like to think of it as the golf cart being a f-150 and the tractor being the f-350. Then i pull a trailer behind the tractor with a single stage toro blower, that died out on me on the last snowstorm, gutta buy a new one and a craftsman dual stage 5hp snow blower. On the back of teh golf cart where my mower usually goes, I put a spreader and bags of salt to be put down. Most of my driveways are about 100 feet long. This set up does great. I usually plow, then put magic salt down then come back to clean it up. If we get 12+ inches i usually come after about 5-6 inches. I usually stay out all night on these snow storms because i have about 20+/- residential plowing accounts so by the time i finish the house on a big storm i have to go back and do them again. I charge anyway from 25-35 for the first 6"'s then 5 an inch after 6. We don;t usually get anything over 6 inches so my customers don;t complain when they get a bill for $100 or more for an 18" snow storm . Well sorry for the long story.

This is my setup and it works well. I will try to get sum pictures of all the set-up together in the near future. If you have any questions just ask. LawnInOrder

Lets see your ride. I think I remember it from earlier this year
Old 12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

that definetly sounds interesting

CLEAR-CUT Lawn & Landscape