Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-05-2006, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrz
I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Most of the areas that I am working in have 10 houses grouped & on both sides & then a very large length until the next set. I was thinking I could drive & they could hop on the tailgate to the next group. Most of my areas are lake communities so you kinda get the picture. Plus, I would rather pay someone a little to do the hard stuff if I can. Work smarter, not harder.
My guy is on bike... you could try to put him on one.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah bikes work well for flyering. I wouldn't follow or assist anyone passing them out. You're not entrusting them with the Crown Jewels or anything....if anything just buzz around later in the day and check to see things were done.

Flyers are cheap. The labor is cheap. Like you said work smarter not harder. You got better thing to do than babysit flyer-passer-outers
Old 12-06-2006, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I prefer to do it myself, rather than pay someone. I already have to pay for card stock, and printer ink, as well as my time designing them and cutting them up...

What I did this morning...

Many of the somewhat higher-income bracket homes are in developments, and they all have identical mailboxes with the newspaper box underneath.

I just drive on the wrong side of the street and put them in the box.

This morning it took me just about of 2 hours to hand out roughly 400 flyers in 3 different developments in town.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is how I do it too, it is preety fast. I usually get out about 500-1000 per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
I prefer to do it myself, rather than pay someone. I already have to pay for card stock, and printer ink, as well as my time designing them and cutting them up...

What I did this morning...

Many of the somewhat higher-income bracket homes are in developments, and they all have identical mailboxes with the newspaper box underneath.

I just drive on the wrong side of the street and put them in the box.

This morning it took me just about of 2 hours to hand out roughly 400 flyers in 3 different developments in town.
18' Tandem axel open
2000 Lazer Z 60" 25hp Koehler
2001 Lazer Z 60" 27hp LC Kawi
2004 Lazer Z 60" 28hp EFI Kohler
Snapper 21"
Bunch of Trimmers, Edgers, Blowers!!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't recall seeing newspaper boxes. I might go out later & check that out though. Great idea!

I even thought about talking w/ the youth pastor @ our church about having a couple of the kids do it for a fund raiser. I know for me, I couldn't always make it to all of them when my parents couldn't take me. This might make a good opportunity to get some money so they could go on one of the retreats or mission trips. In this case, I might pay more.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The old saying goes "You get what you pay for". Think about this: You pay thousands of dollars to have nice colorful brochures or letters printed up.

Obviously you have an advertising budget...right! Why not include top pay for some top perfomers. Having a supervisor on-hand will not hurt, Remember, people (teens especially) are motivated by money. I plan on handing out an iPod's (2) to the two teens that will be helping me had out brochures and flyers...guess what...I included them in my budget.

DJ-

Old 12-06-2006, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I do have a budget, but I want to be reasonable & if I can get the same results for cheaper I'm going to do it. I just want to be fair to everyone.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caruso_services
This is how I do it too, it is preety fast. I usually get out about 500-1000 per day.

Don't get caught doing this.

It's illegal.

Anyone who places mail into or onto a us mail box without paying for postage is doing something that should be reconsidered.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho_man_orlando
Don't get caught doing this.

It's illegal.

Anyone who places mail into or onto a us mail box without paying for postage is doing something that should be reconsidered.
If you guys didn't know this, then you better read it and remember it.....I would never touch a mailbox even if it is quick and easy.....
Now as far as the original question, I do my own marketing. I go door to door , knocking so that I can sign them up on the spot. As far as those no solicit neighborhoods, I just neatly tuck the flyer's rolled up in between the door knob and the door frame. Never stick it in the door, because if they have a alarm, it might go off depending on how sensitive it is......But I think knocking on doors is the most effective.....I dont know when I am going to get another chance to go door to door, because we have been so busy, and we are booked through February with installs and we are still doing some general mtce on about 40% of our accounts......