Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2006, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Christmas Lighting Horror Stories

Lets hear your horror stories about customers installing their own Christmas Lights.
I have two client stories that are both from this season:

1. A new client calls and asks us to install his C9 Lights, he says the lights have been installed before and just need to be re-hung. As I'm looking over his lights I notice he is using the typical residential lights (25 per pack with in-line fuses) that are sold at any Wal-mart or Target store. This individual had over 12 of these strands all running off one outlet. At first I was amazed that he could run so many lights off one outlet without burning out the in-line fuses, so I opened up the plugs and noticed that he had placed tinfoil jumpers on each of his plugs to bypass the safety feature. I can only imagine what he has done with the breaker box.

2. Another new client calls this year asking for us to install some pre-existing lighting for her. I go to do the job and she brings out several sets of C7 lighting that see has hung up by herself in the past. At first I was trying to figure out how she has hung the lights on the house and it soon became very clear. About every two feet on the cord there was a small nail that she pounded through the center of the wire to attached the wire to the house. I don't think she even realized how close she came in past years to burning her house down.

Anyone else have a client nightmare you had to deal with?