Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-14-2006, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Ranting

Hi,

I am not a frequent to this site, but when I am in need to acquire my password to this forum, do you really have any idea how hard it is?? I have put in few requests for new password to be sent to my email and not one come to my email for 24 hours.

So I gave up and registered for a new account!! Admin, please contact me to delete one of two accounts and I will tell you which other one is.

Also, before I go... I simply wanted to find my old thread that I started almost a year ago and I couldn't locate that thread because search feature wasn't available to guest. Had I be able to use it, I would be able to locate my username and password would have come to my head! And I would find the answer I was looking for.

So hopefully this has been helpful? Thanks!
Old 12-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Senior Moderator

I agree with you that it is hard to remember user names and passwords especially if you participate at a bunch of different places online.
What I do to remember is to keep the registration email you receive for signing up to the site in my email inbox. That way i can always look back and find my user name and password.
As for the password being sent to you, it will be sent to the email address that you registered with. are you sure you are accessing your correct email address for the password notification?
Old 12-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Senior Moderator

As for the other screen name you signed up here with, I can tell you this. You did not use the same email address as you did to sign up the wkheathjr name. so I can not tell you what your other screen name is.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Member

The first email address came up right as it said that email is being send with username and method of changing password. I have been doing that since last night and it doesn't come to my email account so in order to register for second account, I had to use different email address-right? While registering for second account, I couldn't use the username I wanted because it is already in use (KenJr) so I registered with wkheathjr (notice how it is similar?)

I checked my first email account because I was so sure that I had a copy but for some reason it isn't there. I may have deleted it when I bought something from lawnstation.com and I might have deleted this email you mentioned by accidently.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Ok, I found you now. I just sent your password to the email address you registered with for KenJr. Please check to see if you received it, and you can continue using that KenJr account, and we will delete this one, once you confirm you got your password.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi, I just checked my email a minute ago and still zero :-( Of all spamming that spammed into my inbox, I am not getting your so I am not sure if it is your email server?
Old 12-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Senior Moderator

please check your bulk folder, that may be the problem, it may be getting sent there.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
please check your bulk folder, that may be the problem, it may be getting sent there.
Don't we receive e-mail from different addresses for the sites. Maybe he is looking for something that has lawnsite in it, and it could say for example mike@plowsite or soemthing. Just throwing that out there.

JP
Old 12-15-2006, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Actually, my email account for KenJr doesn't have any bulk or anti-spam thing. It pretty much get anything that is sent its way. No way your email would be filtered and I am always having to delete junk email everyday :-( So trust me, I wouldn't miss it.

But for this account, I am getting two different email address so jpg is pretty much right but I wouldnt miss it with first one.

Know what, go ahead and delete KenJr. I will be ok with this account. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Ok, sorry i have not been able to help you fully. I'm not sure why you were not getting the emails that were sent to you.
Here is what i did. I merged all of KenJr's posts into your new user name wkheathjr for you. KenJr is no longer here, you'll be using wkheathjr from now on. Thanks for being patient with me, just glad we got this figured out.