The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-26-2006, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

A kid in my class and hes a pain in th a$$
Old 12-26-2006, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i also have ADD.

this is why i like the construction side of the business much more. I really like the fact that every job is different and will require some problem solving. I became bored in the maintenance side of our industry and it became very hard for me to stay motivated about doing the same thing week in and week out.
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 12-26-2006, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks so much for all the advice. It just helps confirm that I do in fact have ADD. The fact that I get rattled so easily and forget what I'm doing and what I need to do next, I can't read anything unless its perfectly quiet with no distractions, I have a terrible time following anything that dosn't grab my 100% attention. When I'm talking with someone every little noise in the room or someone else talking makes me look away from who I'm supposed to be talking too. I do tend to offend others by saying what's on my mind too often, on here I can edit myself because I always re-read what I type. I'm terrible on focusing on one job and also just have a terrible time getting started on anything. Some do say that's just lazy, but it's hard to explain how it goes through my mind. I'm terribly impatient with everything and I tend to flip out at the drop of a hat if something I'm trying to do isn't going right or fast enough.

I hope to figure something out...
Old 12-26-2006, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i have ADD...oooh look a cat! why is the moon so far away? wanna ride bikes?
Old 12-26-2006, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose
Thanks so much for all the advice. It just helps confirm that I do in fact have ADD. The fact that I get rattled so easily and forget what I'm doing and what I need to do next, I can't read anything unless its perfectly quiet with no distractions, I have a terrible time following anything that dosn't grab my 100% attention. When I'm talking with someone every little noise in the room or someone else talking makes me look away from who I'm supposed to be talking too. I do tend to offend others by saying what's on my mind too often, on here I can edit myself because I always re-read what I type. I'm terrible on focusing on one job and also just have a terrible time getting started on anything. Some do say that's just lazy, but it's hard to explain how it goes through my mind. I'm terribly impatient with everything and I tend to flip out at the drop of a hat if something I'm trying to do isn't going right or fast enough.

I hope to figure something out...

sounds exactly like me. my girlfriend gets upset all the time because she thinks im not listening to her, because i saw a red car go by and had to look. im extremely impatient with everything too.. i was trying to do a IQ test tonight didnt go to well to say the least.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz
They said i have adhd and they gave me medicine to take but i never took it. I like to be thinking all of the time about everything. I get alot of my great business ideas from this.
I have struggled with this thinking for years. It is okay to think all the time, but with ADD, the thoughts are as far from goals as they can be. Unestablished thoughts that become actions can lead you into alot of trouble.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowtown Mike
ADD Attention Decit Disorder ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivty Disorder

My brain is always going 100 mph. I can never relax my mind, I get my thoughts confused with reality. Meaning, I have whole conversations with my customers before and after I met them. I am not crazy, it is my brain is always thinking. I come up with some good ideas sometimes. I'm 37 years old. I have always been a little hyper and not focused on anything for too long.. A new job every few years, I get bored with them and need a change. I am pleasant to be around and a hard worker. I just get tired of the same ole thing, quick!

I love this business. I am constantly doing something else everyday. I am in charge of it all. Some mornings I have no work, but soon the calls come in and I make money. I just wish I could focus on things more.

I have read up on this. I am seeking professional advice in January. I would like to know if other lco's (you) have this disorder or know someone close to you with it and if any improvement through drugs or therapy. Thanks Mike

i'm not sure if that's me, i guess i would know if it were.
my grandson has been diagnosed with adhd since he was 2 years old. he's 7 now. i'm told it's like changing the channels on the tv set every 3 seconds. this happens in the mind. he was put on methlyn and everything is ok. we had people chastise us for "drugging" the kid. in fact i've seen kids who were misdiagnosed, put on the medication and were virtual zombies. but with my grandson, he goes from being very unfocussed and hyper to a normal kid, on methlyn. he runs. he plays. he does his schoolwork. he is able to take time to reason. he still gets in trouble and sometimes he acts up, but in a normal, 7 year old way and he responds to discipline. without it he jumps from one task to another without finishing, or even getting a good start on the last task.

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Member

People wounder why I charge so much, But they don't realize that I do the job 50-60 Times in my head b-4 I even get there.....
Old 12-27-2006, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkls2006
People wounder why I charge so much, But they don't realize that I do the job 50-60 Times in my head b-4 I even get there.....

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkls2006
This is great!!!!