Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 02:38 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm not trying to offend anyone on here, and if I do I'm sorry. But some of you people are ridiculous. Give the kid some credit. He's out there working an honest job and making money to put in his pocket. This is a site to help others out and discuss different ideas about lawn care, isn't it? If it isn't please let me know. The kid had to start out somewhere. I'm sure that not everyone on this site was fortunate enough to start out with top of the line equipment. And for those that did, great! But really, what's the point of making fun of someone's equipment? Like I said, I'm not trying to offend anyone on here, but I'm getting tired of seeing comments on talking bad about someone's equipment or telling someone that they have no idea as to what they're doing. Obviously the kid does have some sense on how to cut grass, else he wouldn't be doing it. he could be doing a lot worse in life than he is now. At least he does have a plan on what he want's to do with his life.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you guys want, I could always stop cutting, stay at home, play video games which I hate to do, eat potato chips, get fat. But I'd rather be outside doing stuff like i'm doin.

2008 GMC 1500 SLE 4x4 Z71 Ext. Cab
2001 Ford Focus
I retired from mowing lawns
Old 12-31-2006, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't even read all the new replies, but I'll be the first to say this. Hate and Envy go hand and hand. If you are successful at 17, you are miles ahead of most of your peers. That will cause some envy amongst the 40 year olds that are still struggling.

Consider it a blessing! "People hate because you're doing better than them...if they stop hating, start worrying then!"
Old 12-31-2006, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, I do it to make some extra money for me. Also for something to do. I like what I do, I don't want to to a lot because of school, but I always end up staying busy anyways. People tell me I do a nice job, and then other people say that I need to do this and that better, and I don't care, Something for me to do. And other people get jealous, Even the neighbors because I have the best lawn equpiment in the neighborhood, course we have more money but none of the lawn equipment is my parents, I bought it with the money I made. So yah.

2001 Ford Focus
Old 12-31-2006, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet.

You contradict on so much stuff. This is hilarious
Old 12-31-2006, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yah oh well, I don't even know that i'm doing it so yah.

2001 Ford Focus
Old 01-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Banned

KID you need to quite being so cocky. I Find it funny that your mommy and daddy have to buy your gas and next off your fathers playin you like a fool. He knows how to fix that stuff but he just acts stupid so you will do it and learn.UNlike you, I have had to work hard like every one here for what i have. My mommy and daddy didnt buy me a car and im glade they didnt.It made me a better person. My first truck was a 82 isuzu diesel pup 4X4 that i still have. It didnt run and i had to work hard and work on it myself and when i got done and it fired right up i felt that from that point i could do anything. I just feel that you like to brag about how rich your folks are and to me it seems your being cocky.Me and many guys here work hard every day and i wouldnt trade working outside for a office job for anything. I still have my stuff i started with and keep it going. Sure it looks alittle beat up and old but damn the old dixon and snapper pusher still cut a pretty yard.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWolf View Post
KID you need to quite being so cocky. I Find it funny that your mommy and daddy have to buy your gas and next off your fathers playin you like a fool. He knows how to fix that stuff but he just acts stupid so you will do it and learn.UNlike you, I have had to work hard like every one here for what i have. My mommy and daddy didnt buy me a car and im glade they didnt.It made me a better person. My first truck was a 82 isuzu diesel pup 4X4 that i still have. It didnt run and i had to work hard and work on it myself and when i got done and it fired right up i felt that from that point i could do anything. I just feel that you like to brag about how rich your folks are and to me it seems your being cocky.Me and many guys here work hard every day and i wouldnt trade working outside for a office job for anything. I still have my stuff i started with and keep it going. Sure it looks alittle beat up and old but damn the old dixon and snapper pusher still cut a pretty yard.
I second that! My parents didn't and don't give me handouts and stuff. Its not that they're mean or don't care about me, they want me to learn to become responsible and learn from my own actions. Ya my dad does give me a hand when i need it but isn't out buying me gas to keep the tools running and outfitting me with the latest greatest toys and trucks. If i'm going to run my own business then i have to be responsible for what i do not have my parents there to carry me along.
F450 XLT Dump
Fisher Xtreme Vees
22' Enclosed Trailer
16' Open Trailer
14' Dump Trailer
10' Open Trailer
Redmax 2stroke Equipment
Walker, Wright Stander, Lesco
Little Wonder, Stihl, ect. ect.....
Old 01-01-2007, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Listen, we can all end this thread by assuming the guy is lying. Who buys their kid a bunch of equipment to run a business and then continues to purchase the fuel needed to run the equipment. Unless the parents are reaping the profits...this guy is full of it!. I have learned that most people who tell you they are rich only wish to be that way. Rich people understand the value of hard work, that's how they got rich. They don't normally spoil children when teaching values. They do supply the kid with a little "cockiness" sometimes, but this guy is simple "having fun on the internet!"
Old 01-01-2007, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My parents don't buy me all the lawn stuff, I buy it all. I buy the gas for my tools and everything. If I need something for cutting grass, I go out and buy it. Not my dad. The reason they pay for my gas for my truck is to get back and forth to school, have some fun. In march I'm buying an 3/4 ton chevy, with my own money. Not my parents, mine. They buy me vehicles so I don't have to get a job. My mom said, "Oh don't get a job, you're still a kid, you need to enjoy your self." And I was like, Ok. And I enjoy what I'm doing now, I meet a lot of new people. It's fun.

2001 Ford Focus

Last edited by AndyTblc; 01-01-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Closed Thread