Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-29-2006, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have been to court before. Won, and still never collected. Thats my whole problem!
Old 12-29-2006, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If u posted earlier i would tell you ring there doorbell at dinner time on xmas when there family is there.... Ask them how there christmas is going and then be like good to hear i just want to let you know i cant feed my kids tonight because you wont pay your bill

If they feel bad then they will pay if not everyweek go ring the bell and hand another bill and break something on the property..

^^ I drive a 55k daily driver and a 5k work truck while every other lco owner is the opposite and would rather drive an f550 as an everyday car

Work like a slave eat like a king
Old 12-29-2006, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a quick solution to these "little" problems. Prepaid Legal. For $35 a month they will take care of most anything a small business will need an attorney for. I'm not trying to market, but I am an authorized agent for them. I like to sell products that I believe in and this is definitely one of them. They also have group benefit plans that our team members all have and use quite frequently. A lawyer on speed dial is a nice commodity!
Old 12-30-2006, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.olddebts.com
Lawn Service Divisions
Warren - Harrison Twp. - Detroit - Lenox - St. Helen
(586) 634-2904 (313) 885-9090 (989) 443-4380
Old 12-30-2006, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk395 View Post
I have been to court before. Won, and still never collected. Thats my whole problem!
There is a big difference in having a law firm sent a collection letter! And the law office can help you collect. We went to small claims many years ago and it ate up a lot time and we was all comsumed with hate and anger about collecting. We decided it was time to hire someone that is a professional to get the money and they get the money.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Go on a Sunday night. Ring the door bell. Say it is time to pay the lawn bill. Present the invoice and wait for the check. Be cordial, but firm.

After the check clears, dump him.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:49 AM
LawnSite Member

There are ways to attach a judgement to his bank account and get a garnishment, or at least file for a contractors lien against his property. Youll get paid eventually if you do that.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams LC View Post
Send him one more bill and add in that you dont want to file a claim in small claims court but will if the bill is not paid in full by Jan XX 07. Then stick to your guns and file. snow bank it driveway....oops there goes his mailbox...If you want to get nasty put oil in his swimming pool....want more let me know. Oh yea I'm for hire.
Some bubble bath our laundry detergent would work wonders to. Banana in the tail pipe can cause a little aggravation as well. Well atleast according to eddie murphy. Also Bologna placed on car paint has a very desired effect, especially the Garlic bologna don't know why it works better but it does. Just make sure you put it on late at night so it sits on their for the 6-8 hours while they are asleep.Hope that helps.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi there DMK

I used to have problems with the occasional deadbeat, untill I started threatening to place a lien on their homes. It's funny. I had this one customer who absolutely refused to pay me for a fert application I had done for her. So... One Sunday afternoon, I showed up at her house and made a very, very obvious walk around the front of her house. I was in full uniform (a very recognizable uniform to say the least) and was holding a clip-board (with a "Claim Of Lien" form on it) and pen in my hands. I walked around the front and sides of her house, filling out the form. It was funny to see her family looking out the windows at me, trying to figure out what I was up to.

When I walked up to the front door, she came out with this "have to know what you're doing" look on her face. I made good and sure that she noticed the form on my clipboard that was titled, "Claim Of Lien" in big bold letters across the top. I told her that I was there to collect her past-due payment for the application I had performed on her property and that If I didn't receive payment in full before I left her property, that I would go down to the county recorders office and file a claim of lien on her home first thing in the morning. While I was threatening to file the lien, I made it a point to look all around at her house. Lol... She couldn't get to her check book quickly enough to pay me.

Collections didn't work on her. When I called and called her, asking for a payment, she could care less, but when I threatened to place that lien on her house, she caved big time! I Anyone that I've had to threaten with a lien has paid right away. Hope this helps.

In the event that I ever do need to follow through and file a claim of lien on a deadbeat customers home, I keep the forms on hand in my office. It's as simple as completing the form, having it notorized and paying a $25 filing fee. I can then mail it to the County Recorder's office and sit back and wait.

Vic
Old 01-02-2007, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
I used to have problems with the occasional deadbeat, untill I started threatening to place a lien on their homes. It's funny. I had this one customer who absolutely refused to pay me for a fert application I had done for her. So... One Sunday afternoon, I showed up at her house and made a very, very obvious walk around the front of her house. I was in full uniform (a very recognizable uniform to say the least) and was holding a clip-board (with a "Claim Of Lien" form on it) and pen in my hands. I walked around the front and sides of her house, filling out the form. It was funny to see her family looking out the windows at me, trying to figure out what I was up to.

When I walked up to the front door, she came out with this "have to know what you're doing" look on her face. I made good and sure that she noticed the form on my clipboard that was titled, "Claim Of Lien" in big bold letters across the top. I told her that I was there to collect her past-due payment for the application I had performed on her property and that If I didn't receive payment in full before I left her property, that I would go down to the county recorders office and file a claim of lien on her home first thing in the morning. While I was threatening to file the lien, I made it a point to look all around at her house. Lol... She couldn't get to her check book quickly enough to pay me.

Collections didn't work on her. When I called and called her, asking for a payment, she could care less, but when I threatened to place that lien on her house, she caved big time! I Anyone that I've had to threaten with a lien has paid right away. Hope this helps.

In the event that I ever do need to follow through and file a claim of lien on a deadbeat customers home, I keep the forms on hand in my office. It's as simple as completing the form, having it notorized and paying a $25 filing fee. I can then mail it to the County Recorder's office and sit back and wait.

Vic
Hey Victor where can i get acopy of that form because i am dealing with a restaraunt that is playing the hes the owner no she is the owner game with me. 1 says she will pay the other 1 says they wont. Back and forth with these 2 is driving me nuts
Thanks