Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-17-2006, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Member

look i wasnt trying to start anything here, you dont think i know it depends on your market? Thats why i said if you do decide to use a wholesale stock i would recomend one that is driving distance and pick it up yourself! Not saying you have to but thats my advice. And please dont twist me words, i never said its too much work to grow your own . I said the work incolved is time consuming and its not easy but the end results can be very rewarding if you know what your doing. You never know, maybe those people buying the scotch year after year would see a fraser and would much rather prefer to pay for quality. You cant say a market doesnt have room to raise prices for quality if there is no other opions until you've tried. Get my point? Hope ive made myself a little more clear.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

All I know is there is a tree stand set-up in almost every parking lot around here with acres of $25 trees......Seems like a hell of a lot of work to me.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Member

more work

works equal to the weather. which is doing extra good this year!

wouldn't care if it cools down a bit after we get open, seems like when it's cold, most customers are a little more serious, or they just drive on by.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Farmington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyP
We sell Christmas Trees in Connecticut on the BerlinTurnPike. We have been there several years and it takes that amount of time to establish a clientelle but after you do it's great. There are still good years and not so good years but all in all we do well and it's a family tradition.

Cindy P
Where's this Berlin turnpike from Farmington, Ct.?

Got a friend in Farmington.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I live in texas in the dallas fort worth area. we sell christmas trees every year, its a good priofitable business. our first year (2003)we got 350 trees sold 290, the next year we got 450 sold 448. (two of us made 4000 each for two weeks of tree sales) skipped 05 (dumb mistake), then did it this year and made bout 200 a person. so to sum it up you have to be consistent and it is a good profitable business. but be prepared to work! its very demanding, and u will gain lots of muscle! we have friends in florida that got us into this business, and they profit 40000 a person each year (they sale 1500 trees). so thats what we want to eventually build into! we order our trees out of oregon and get them delivered (which we will never do again) were goin to drive up and get em next year.