Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2007, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Member

help with commercial proposal

Is there anyone out there I could use there expertise to reach out to. I was recently asked to put in a bid for a commerical job. I will need to provide them with a price for mowing, mulch, rocks, aeration, fertilizing, spring clean up. I wanted to see if I was in the right ballpark in what I was looking at possibly bidding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

L
Old 01-14-2007, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale of paradise View Post
Is there anyone out there I could use there expertise to reach out to. I was recently asked to put in a bid for a commerical job. I will need to provide them with a price for mowing, mulch, rocks, aeration, fertilizing, spring clean up. I wanted to see if I was in the right ballpark in what I was looking at possibly bidding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

L
Its kind of hard to give you any help without knowing what you want to know. How big of property? How many beds? What kind of mowers do you have?
Old 01-14-2007, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes I didn't put it on the site.

Lets see how I can make it easy to understand. The measurement is minus the buildings and parking lots.

I need to get quotes for the following:
Mowing/trimming/blow approximate 72,000sq ft
Mulch (4in) 2,292 sq ft
Rock bed (2in) 1,940 sq ft
80 scrubs to trim/prune
spring clean up
fall clean up
aeration
fertilizer

There is a fair amount of trees on the property and surrounding the property that I can see in the fall having a good collection of leaves to clean up.

I would like to make sure I am not over or undercharging. Thanks for you help.

L
Old 01-14-2007, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Yes I didn't put it on the site.

Lets see how I can make it easy to understand. The measurement is minus the buildings and parking lots.

I need to get quotes for the following:
Mowing/trimming/blow approximate 72,000sq ft
Mulch (4in) 2,292 sq ft
Rock bed (2in) 1,940 sq ft
80 scrubs to trim/prune
spring clean up
fall clean up
aeration
fertilizer

There is a fair amount of trees on the property and surrounding the property that I can see in the fall having a good collection of leaves to clean up.

I would like to make sure I am not over or undercharging. Thanks for you help.

L
Depending on what kind of equipment your using and how much experience you have at trimming shrubs will determine how long things will take to get done. I take care of a similar commercial property but with alot more shrubs over 300. From what you listed I would say $350-$400 to mow and depending on size of shrubs around $500 or less depending on size. Mulch or rock would depend on how much is needed, buy wholesale and mark up and install by the hour. Cleanup would be somewhere around the $2000.00 mark but again without seeing to property its hard to say. I based the mowing and trimming on how long it would take my crew to do. We do a similar property and it takes 3hr to mow and 9hrs to do shrubs and 14hrs for leaves.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

So whats your price?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawnpro724

Thank you for giving me an idea if I am in the right ball park. I really appreciate it. I am going to have to do some investigating on the wholesale mulch. I notice if I were to get bagged mulch purchased in large quantities I might be able to get it cheaper then the truck load. Sometimes it has to do with the area. Noticing you are very familiar with getting commercial accounts by reading your forums. Would you be willing to share what you put in your packettes you mail out to the potential commercial customers. Again, I really appreciate your time.

L
Old 01-15-2007, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Lawnpro724

Thank you for giving me an idea if I am in the right ball park. I really appreciate it. I am going to have to do some investigating on the wholesale mulch. I notice if I were to get bagged mulch purchased in large quantities I might be able to get it cheaper then the truck load. Sometimes it has to do with the area. Noticing you are very familiar with getting commercial accounts by reading your forums. Would you be willing to share what you put in your packettes you mail out to the potential commercial customers. Again, I really appreciate your time.

L
I send out an introductory letter describing my business ( years in busn, what we do, ect. ) and let them know that I would like to be included on their list of bidders. I also include a company flyer and business card. I send these letters out to commercial businesses in my area 4 times a year starting in Feb. When I posted earlier about price you said there were alot of trees and buildings to trim around and that takes time but if you dont have to do it all the time I would say around $250.00 per mowing if you dont have to trim around trees every week if you do the go with what I said earlier. I'm just not sure without seeing the property. 72,000 sqr ft is only around 2 acres and I charge $65 an acre if its just mow and go if that helps.

Last edited by lawnpro724; 01-15-2007 at 05:53 PM.