Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-13-2001, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Member

EZ Trencher

Just wondering if anyone has used an EZ Trencher in the past for trenching sprinklers? I am looking into buying a trencher and I just received a brochure on EZ Trenchers.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an older one that I use for bed edging and it's great. I also bought the trenching blade to supplement my big equipment in small areas and I only used it once. I don't think there that good for trenching but maybe the new ones are better.

I wouldn't buy without a demo under the conditions you'll work under. Maybe renting a good machine if you don't trench often would be money better spent.
Old 08-19-2001, 06:17 AM
LawnSite Member

We have a older E-Z trencher that we use for irrigation. So far its been a great machine with the 5.5 Honda. I believe there is another company that makes a trencher with the same features as the E-Z trencher but comes with a 8.0 Honda and I believe you have a greater selection of blades. I think its made by Brown Manufacturing. When I first saw this machine and held its handle bars, I remember telling myself if I would ever purchase another blade type trenching equiptment I was going to make it a point to investigate more on the Brown trencher. Hope this helps!