Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-01-2007, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey4671 View Post
Dave owns his own business and does not lease cars. He does not endorse leasing EVER. As a matter of fact, he makes a good point on vehicles used in a business...what are you doing? you DRIVE them twice three times as much as a daily driver therby DESTROYING the value of the vehicle. Why not buy an older USED vehicle that has already taken the depreciation beating but is still dependable...YESSS...there IS such a thing!! THink about it guys..and don't give me this I WORK HARD I DESERVE A $40K truck...that's how a 5 year old rationalizes things..I want it I want it I WANT IT NOW!!!
LOL... here we go again!!
Old 02-01-2007, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Jeeze, some people never stop talking about Dave Ramsy. Sometimes I think people mine as well sleep with the guy since they cant stop talking about him. Im sure the dude has good points, but to bring him up in 4 out of 5 threads is unnessary
Old 02-01-2007, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks View Post
LOL... here we go again!!
wish there was some way to steer dave to this site to see how dumb some of these guys can be...Lawnsite needs a Total Money Makeover!!! Bunch of stupid tax being paid on here!
Old 02-01-2007, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

He's got good advice. I am reading through a couple of his books. You won't hear his financial advise anywhere else. I actually heard about him on a previous lawnsite thread... we don't get his radio station here.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey4671 View Post
wish there was some way to steer dave to this site to see how dumb some of these guys can be...Lawnsite needs a Total Money Makeover!!! Bunch of stupid tax being paid on here!
Yeah that is the book I am reading... very good material.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsDet View Post
Jeeze, some people never stop talking about Dave Ramsy. Sometimes I think people mine as well sleep with the guy since they cant stop talking about him. Im sure the dude has good points, but to bring him up in 4 out of 5 threads is unnessary
Dave just has a way of making this thing called common sense just seem so simple..it's that WOW...I coulda had a V8 feeling..and unfortunately, some folks are either too narrow minded or too caught up on themselves to stop, lsten and think about what he is saying...I actually heard Dave the first time and thought to myself, WOW...this guy has got it figured out because it was the same things my parents and grandparents had always preached to me
Old 02-01-2007, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

dude, im not saying what he says is wrong, and the stuff he says is common sense. To bad we sense is not common anymore. im just saying, dont be all over the guy making every post about him. im sure he will sell his books fine without our help.

He is pretty much someone that writes a book that is 85% common sense, and 15% account and economics and it makes him others peoples heros. The stuff he says isnt rocket science.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
dude, im not saying what he says is wrong, and the stuff he says is common sense. To bad we sense is not common anymore. im just saying, dont be all over the guy making every post about him. im sure he will sell his books fine without our help.

He is pretty much someone that writes a book that is 85% common sense, and 15% account and economics and it makes him others peoples heros. The stuff he says isnt rocket science.
ok ok..I'll NEVER mention that wierd get out of debt guy EVER again on lawnsite
Old 02-01-2007, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

im not saying that, it just seems i keep seeing someone, i dont know if its you or not, posting his stuff everywhere
Old 02-01-2007, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

What the hell are you talking about? Don't participate in the thread if it pisses you off. If you haven't read the book, I don't see how you can comment about the book. I don't even think you can call what he is saying "common sense"... because it ain't that common anymore. Next time I won't be as humble, and I won't quote him as my source. Will that make you happy?

Back to the lease. The lease is a bad idea, b/c you end up paying a 14% hidden interest rate. When you turn the truck back in, it literally has to be in near perfect condition or you get penalized.

Why would it make any sense at all when you could buy a vehicle and write off the entire purchase the first year? On a leased vehicle, you pay the payments and then you have nothing. At least on another vehicle, you have a little bit of equity left in the vehicle after paying it off.