Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-01-2007, 09:08 PM
corey4671 corey4671 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Somewhere in TN
Posts: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsDet View Post
im not saying that, it just seems i keep seeing someone, i dont know if its you or not, posting his stuff everywhere
maybe he just has that many fans and is a subliminal(spell check) way of getting through to you!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Lawnworks Lawnworks is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: usa
Posts: 5,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsDet View Post
im not saying that, it just seems i keep seeing someone, i dont know if its you or not, posting his stuff everywhere
Actually I have seen several people talk about him on lawnsite... that is why I went out and got the book. Sound financial advise is very hard to come by. Now when we are young is the time to make decisions to set ourselves up to be millionaires. Its not get rich quick... just get rich eventually! Then we get the crap taxed out of us!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-01-2007, 09:12 PM
corey4671 corey4671 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Somewhere in TN
Posts: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks View Post
Actually I have seen several people talk about him on lawnsite... that is why I went out and got the book. Sound financial advise is very hard to come by. Now when we are young is the time to make decisions to set ourselves up to be millionaires. Its not get rich quick... just get rich eventually! Then we get the crap taxed out of us!
that's why you fund roth ira's!! pay the tax on the money you put in..no tax on the growth! I love screwing the guvment!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-01-2007, 09:27 PM
RedWingsDet's Avatar
RedWingsDet RedWingsDet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,562
Just like My father always told me Make your money work for you, dont work for your money.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-01-2007, 09:29 PM
corey4671 corey4671 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Somewhere in TN
Posts: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsDet View Post
Just like My father always told me Make your money work for you, dont work for your money.
your dad would probably tell you to listen to Dave too
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-01-2007, 10:03 PM
fiveoboy01's Avatar
fiveoboy01 fiveoboy01 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern WI
Posts: 2,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey4671 View Post
Dave owns his own business and does not lease cars. He does not endorse leasing EVER. As a matter of fact, he makes a good point on vehicles used in a business...what are you doing? you DRIVE them twice three times as much as a daily driver therby DESTROYING the value of the vehicle. Why not buy an older USED vehicle that has already taken the depreciation beating but is still dependable...YESSS...there IS such a thing!! THink about it guys..and don't give me this I WORK HARD I DESERVE A $40K truck...that's how a 5 year old rationalizes things..I want it I want it I WANT IT NOW!!!
Personally I would not lease a vehicle myself.

But a personal choice to buy new vs used, well I don't think there is any reason to slam someone for that.

I bought a new truck because I have been driving used vehicles my entire life, and decided it was time for a brand-new vehicle.

I can afford the payment comfortably on my income from my full-time job, without dipping into my business account.

Sure, a person can buy used and avoid the depreciation hit, and still have a reliable, nice vehicle. I am(and was) aware of these things when I made the decision to purchase a new truck.

It's my personal choice, and you have ZERO right to slam me for it.
__________________
Bill

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Lawnworks Lawnworks is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: usa
Posts: 5,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
Personally I would not lease a vehicle myself.

But a personal choice to buy new vs used, well I don't think there is any reason to slam someone for that.

I bought a new truck because I have been driving used vehicles my entire life, and decided it was time for a brand-new vehicle.

I can afford the payment comfortably on my income from my full-time job, without dipping into my business account.

Sure, a person can buy used and avoid the depreciation hit, and still have a reliable, nice vehicle. I am(and was) aware of these things when I made the decision to purchase a new truck.

It's my personal choice, and you have ZERO right to slam me for it.
No slamming here. Check out the Dave Ramsey's book Total Money Makeover. Its winter its slow... check it out. I would like to know your reaction to it. There is other great advise in the book as far as building wealth... I mean that is what we work hard for right?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-01-2007, 10:15 PM
mrusk mrusk is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: northern jersey
Posts: 3,245
I think some guys on this website acctually are sleeping with Ramsey. I also think those same guys have a reading disorder or something else the matter with them.

This thread is about buying vehicles personally and leasing them to your business to get the tax benifits. Thats all. We are not talking about new vs used, or leased vs buy. We are talking about personal ownership of vehicles and equipment leased to a business.

gEEZE.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-01-2007, 10:24 PM
fiveoboy01's Avatar
fiveoboy01 fiveoboy01 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern WI
Posts: 2,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks View Post
No slamming here. Check out the Dave Ramsey's book Total Money Makeover. Its winter its slow... check it out. I would like to know your reaction to it. There is other great advise in the book as far as building wealth... I mean that is what we work hard for right?

I know you weren't slamming me.

I was actually looking for one of his books today at the bookstore. I'd like to read it to see what he says. If the damn sales guy would not have been so annoying I probably would have bought it. But I decided to get out of there
__________________
Bill

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Lawnworks Lawnworks is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: usa
Posts: 5,409
Yeah man check it out... I know its got some good long term investing advise also.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Page generated in 0.10596 seconds with 9 queries