Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2000, 07:52 AM

I remember cutting the wrong front yard one time. The road name was the same except for the ending. And both roads were very close together. The ending on one was DRive the other was lane I think, because it has been awhile. Luckily I didn't cut the back yard because I double checked my location. The lady who owned the home called the other home I was suppose to cut and thanked her for the free grass cutting. No one was at home when I cut. Seems that this happens alot to them. One time a company even came and cut her pine trees down. She came home and stopped the company in the middle of the job. She gets pizza delivery there too. All this was suppose to be for the neighbor.
Old 03-08-2000, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Member

This is not super funny like some of yours but it was a little aggravating.<p>Just recently bought a Toro ZTR. First time on it mowing was on hilly common areas of a sub-division. I was on top of the hill heading around a bed down the hill. It was a little wet and being new to a ZTR I was not able to get it to hold on the hills. As I made my turn to go across the hill it started slipping and headed down the hill. I thought I could slip by the telephone pole but I did not quite make it. The corner of the deck caught the pole. There I was, I could not go down the hill, could back up the hill. I new for sure I was not going to be able to push this 1000lb machine by hand. I had to go get my 4X4 truck and pull it out. This was along a main road. I got some strange looks. <p>Got it out with no damage done. Finished my mowing.<p><p>----------<br>Jeff<br>
Old 03-08-2000, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

It sure was funny when I did the same thing on a tree at an apt. complex!<p>Homer
Old 03-08-2000, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know the feeling, only my exmark went sliding down a wet hill and the frount got stuck under a chain link fence that had a retaining wall after it. so we had to cut out the fence push the front back over the wall and some guy with a minyvan pulled us out because we didint have a chain
Old 03-08-2000, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One of the big players in town got their 580D Groundsmasters stuck in a ditch on a major road. They had a HUGE production getting a 18 wheel wrecker winching it out.<p>What an embarrassment.<p>The use 455's now instead of that 580.