Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-08-2007, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Probably already covered this, but how do you go about registrering this thing to drive on the road? One of our customer's son has an LCO in NY State(we're in NH). One of his guys rode a Z-mower 3 miles to the bank to cash his paycheck... got a ticket for driving an unregistrered, illegal vehicle on a public roadway.
I know in NH if your licence is suspended for a DUI you can't even ride a commercial mower to mow your own lawn! (nor lawn tractor) This is just to say that mowers are viewed differently from state to state, but I'm sure there's more than one cop that will be bored enough to stop for a chat....
Old 02-08-2007, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Here in MO you can drive anything that has tires on any road or hi way, just not the Interstate. I drive backhoes down state hi way all the time. Not for more than 5 or 6 miles though. Maybee that's why our roads in MO are some of the worste in the lower 50.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travlndude View Post
Not so much time on my hands as fulfilling a dream and trying to do some good along the way. As a matter of fact you probably would never believe how much time and work has gone into this ride
You should mow the row's along the way! LOL
Seriously, sounds exciting and a bit scary. You're doing a great thing, though, raising money for those organizations!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 02-11-2007, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrz View Post
I hope you have a suspension seat & some work tunes. That's a lot of seat time. You will probably want a canopy as well.

pick up a cheap XM and use the indoor antennae and you will be hooked up the whole trip. The work tunes will tune in the XM..

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 02-11-2007, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accu-cut Lawn Care View Post
Guys, I hate to say it; but this hack is crazy. .
Don't you think that's a bit harsh? I just read about a guy who travled across the US in under a year on a bicycle in an effort to lose weight and get in touch with himself over a long distance. Give the guy some credit for following a dream.. there's no reason to call him a hack..really.

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 02-11-2007, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I'd be willing to bet your right, although I doubt in the same time period of 1 year, 100mi per day is a lot of miles. lol

No, I don't plan on mowing grass for gas, although I plan on putting a standing offer to mow each capitol building lawn as I travel through each state.

I don't mind you asking, I have been convicted of several crimes in the past, they stem from a very messy divorce, as to why it is stated in my bio, as it says, I believe a person can try to make up for their past. I also believe that I am trying to do some good in this world and that hopefully I will be able to make up for a little of my past. We have all did things wrong, but we can also work on making things right.

at least he's honest. How many people don't get caught??

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 02-11-2007, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
Don't you think that's a bit harsh? I just read about a guy who travled across the US in under a year on a bicycle in an effort to lose weight and get in touch with himself over a long distance. Give the guy some credit for following a dream.. there's no reason to call him a hack..really.
No, I'm not being harsh. Showing any support for this character would be a waste of time. There is no way that he is going to raise enough funding to finance a trip like this. 30,000 miles is a very long way to go on a mower...3000 miles, too, for this guy would even be a pipe dream...Being realistic, 300 miles is even out of the question. On top of gas for the mower...he'd have to have a chase crew, pay for food, pay for accomodations, and such. This would probably cost somewhere around, I don't know, $200,000 consevatively. I bet that he doesn't even have $200 in the bank. Seriously, this guy needs to hop the next train to reality.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesregionscapes View Post
Probably already covered this, but how do you go about registrering this thing to drive on the road? One of our customer's son has an LCO in NY State(we're in NH). One of his guys rode a Z-mower 3 miles to the bank to cash his paycheck... got a ticket for driving an unregistrered, illegal vehicle on a public roadway.
I know in NH if your licence is suspended for a DUI you can't even ride a commercial mower to mow your own lawn! (nor lawn tractor) This is just to say that mowers are viewed differently from state to state, but I'm sure there's more than one cop that will be bored enough to stop for a chat....
Actually this has already been checked into, you have to have a slow moving vehicle sign, he probably didn't have one on his ztr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accu-cut Lawn Care
No, I'm not being harsh. Showing any support for this character would be a waste of time. There is no way that he is going to raise enough funding to finance a trip like this. 30,000 miles is a very long way to go on a mower...3000 miles, too, for this guy would even be a pipe dream...Being realistic, 300 miles is even out of the question. On top of gas for the mower...he'd have to have a chase crew, pay for food, pay for accomodations, and such. This would probably cost somewhere around, I don't know, $200,000 consevatively. I bet that he doesn't even have $200 in the bank. Seriously, this guy needs to hop the next train to reality.
As I have stated earlier in this thread, I will not discuss my finances here, but now I have a couple of questions for you. You state showing any support for me is a waste of time. Please show me where I have asked for financial support from anyone here. Yes I would like everyone to support my Charities, but as for me and my trip, have not asked for anything. You have done nothing but try to belittle this ride each time you post. My next question to you is what are you afraid of, that someone might accomplish their dream when you haven't a dream? To be totally honest, you have become part of my dream, as when I come through LALA land, oops I mean Chattanooga I still want to shake your hand and prove Chattanooga is really in Missouri, and not Tennessee. lol
On the serious side everyone, I don't want your money, if you have a little extra, pledge it to one of my Charities, or if that isn't right for you, give it to one of your local charities, but whatever you do help make this world a better place.

Thanks

Travlndude----
Old 02-12-2007, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
On the serious side everyone, I don't want your money, if you have a little extra, pledge it to one of my Charities, or if that isn't right for you, give it to one of your local charities, but whatever you do help make this world a better place.

Thanks

Travlndude----
Even if this was a bogus post... I like your attitude and hope you accomplish your dream. Let us know if you do..

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 02-17-2007, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

support from Minnesota. I think it's great that your willing to give this your full efforts. Like anything else there is always going to be someone that tells you, you can't do it or that it is a dumb idea. Forget them, they have never had a goal they accomplished, and are wishing they would have followed thier dream. The charity part of this shows your true character. I once had someone tell me that starting a LCO was a "waste of time". I laugh at them everytime i go to the bank! Good Luck, most of us here support you all the way!!