Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-05-2007, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Member

new/ webpage

Hello all. I am finally trying to build a website and was wondering what you think of it. I would appriciate any advice you could give thanks. Right now its kind of boring because I cant figure any of the stuff out, but im learning(slowly).

http://www.mylawnsdoneright.com
Old 02-05-2007, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it, very good start. What program are you using?
Old 02-05-2007, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings View Post
I like it, very good start. What program are you using?
Thank you. I am using Microsoft Live Free Edition.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Sponsor

When you're ready to launch your site, don't forget to submit it to Google. Just go to google and search for 'add url' to learn how.

For your site, I can see you're still working on it and expressed that you're trying to get some things figured out. What I see that needs fixing is:

- be consistent with your layout, some pages are centered some are left justified.
- be consistent too with text justification, the text on some pages is centered and on other left
- your template is too wide on a few pages and I have to scroll right to see it all. Either you're setting something in pixels to wide or you have something set over 100%
-for your tags, don't forget to use meaningful titles. Your homepage title says, 'home' I think something like perhaps 'Dekalb, IL Landscaping Contractor' is a better start.

Finally, ... and this is just a question.. Are your core customers and service residential lawn care? I ask this because on your homepage I see a picture of a pond which for me is not a compelling image. Quality images sell and the right images get people to pick up the phone.

Despite what I'm saying, it's a good start, websites are a lot of work and all have a starting place so keep working on it.

Kindly,
Jeff

Last edited by OhioJeff; 02-09-2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-15-2007, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJeff View Post
When you're ready to launch your site, don't forget to submit it to Google. Just go to google and search for 'add url' to learn how.

For your site, I can see you're still working on it and expressed that you're trying to get some things figured out. What I see that needs fixing is:

- be consistent with your layout, some pages are centered some are left justified.
- be consistent too with text justification, the text on some pages is centered and on other left
- your template is too wide on a few pages and I have to scroll right to see it all. Either you're setting something in pixels to wide or you have something set over 100%
-for your tags, don't forget to use meaningful titles. Your homepage title says, 'home' I think something like perhaps 'Dekalb, IL Landscaping Contractor' is a better start.

Finally, ... and this is just a question.. Are your core customers and service residential lawn care? I ask this because on your homepage I see a picture of a pond which for me is not a compelling image. Quality images sell and the right images get people to pick up the phone.

Despite what I'm saying, it's a good start, websites are a lot of work and all have a starting place so keep working on it.

Kindly,
Jeff
Thank you for the imput. I am taking your advice and looking over the website now. Thanks again.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want feedback, here is my first thoughts when I saw it.

I like your image with the pond, better than the logo thing (which is a bit grainy.

Working with what's there, I'd delete the white and green logo completely.

Replace it with the photo. But first, crop-out the bottom 25% of the photo to make it shorter and more horizontal looking.

Then place it in the upper left. That will reduce the height of the top green header, and will lift your text content higher on the page.

You name is already in the page.

A logo would be fine, but I think the photo out-classes the logo.

The page has potential. Keep at it.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890