Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2000, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

I am attempting to put in a for a commercial property that has approx. 53,000 sq ft. The property is in great condition and requires a lot of maintenance such as string trimming and edging. They just want me to mow once a week and do a spring clean-up with edging of all the beds-approx. 1,500 feet. The lawn areas are not open mowing, there are landscape beds everywhere which makes a lot of turning and manuvering. Equipment that we will use are:1 Walker riding mower and two walk-behind mowers. If anyone has any idea how i can price this out that would be great. Any info would help-this bid is driving me crazy!!! <br>Thanks Again.<p>----------<br>David<br>Northeast Ohio
Old 03-06-2000, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

You might be better off breaking it down and looking at it as several smaller jobs-say, an edging job three times a year, a cleanup, five-5300 sq ft mowing jobs with push mowers and one half-acre job with thw walker, etc.<p>All at the same stop.<p>See where Im going with this?<p>Bill
Old 03-06-2000, 12:16 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
When a measure a industrial job I take only four measurements.<p>1. 21&quot; lawn mow and bag footage<br>2. 52&quot; mow and side discharge footage<br>3. Linear feet of stuff to be trimmed/edged<br>4. sq footage of landscape beds.<p>With those numbers I can put togeather a<br>complete grounds maint. proposal in less than<br>an hour. Copies in triplicate, copies of<br>pesticide bus and applicators license, copy<br>of insurance certificate so all they have to<br>do is sign on the dotted line.<br>
Old 03-06-2000, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm probably helping more than I should:<p>We do a site that is 51M for $124.00/week. I does have a lot of edging, but few landscape beds to contend with.
Old 03-06-2000, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Member

how many square feet are in an acre???
Old 03-06-2000, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

43,560 Sq. Ft. = 1 acre.
Old 03-06-2000, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm right there with this guy. Is there a factor you can use such as $ x sq.ft. to calculate a bid for a job like this. I've noticed by reading the comments on this and another web site that I should not under bid my work, but that is hard if I don't have a factor to go by. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.<p>----------<br>Kevin S. Knight<br>
Old 03-06-2000, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Well guys I found my information in another forum that was posted a while back. Thanks any way. I knew I was bound to find something with all of the info discussed. You can still elaborate a little. I found one guy say he uses $1.25 - $1.50 per Sq.Ft.<br>This is very helpful. Then another guy said he used this same factor but added a $20.00 Stop Fee. I don't know if I could get away with charging $47.50 for a lawn, just my opinion would like to hear from more of you guys that have been doing this for awhile.<p>----------<br>Kevin S. Knight<br>
Old 03-07-2000, 04:36 AM
LawnSite Member

I know its dissapointing to lose a bid but if you get everyone you submit, your too low!!!<br>Mark A Musolf