Register free!

Old 07-31-2001, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Member

bermuda control

need advice. i have a serious infestation of bermuda in my own lawn. i am considering purchasing spray equipment and treating it with Fusilade II. Trugreen told me that they will not apply this because it is dangerous. They prefer to use roundup and reseed. If i choose to do this myself with Fusilade, any advice you can give me would be helpful. Do you use marker dyes when applying chemical? Do you mix broadleaf control and/or fertilizers with this product? Would an early fall application be appropriate in middle tn? Finally, what results should i expect to see after one application? thanks all
Old 08-28-2001, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Member

what type of grass do you want your lawn to be?
Old 08-28-2001, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

A buddy of mine spot trated the Burmuda in his Rye/bluegrass lawn with fusilade II about 2 weeks ago. I was looking at his lawn yesterday and do not see any visible results yet!
Old 08-28-2001, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I am going through the same thing in my yard. I have a mix of common and hybrid bermuda, centipede, zosia, fescue and two varieties of crabgrass. The guy that lived here before worked for a builder and brought home scrap pieces of sod (except the crabgrass...lol). I am in the process of changing over to all fescue and have done this for cusomers as well. At this point in the year your most cost effective as well as the most effective control will be to sray the areas with round-up and start from scratch in those areas.

Spray it, wait a couple of weeks and if anything looks remotely green srpay it again.
Old 08-29-2001, 10:11 AM
Millenium Member

Re: bermuda control

Quote:
Originally posted by sparechange
Trugreen told me that they will not apply this because it is dangerous. They prefer to use roundup and reseed.
They will not apply Fusilade because it's dangerous but they will do Round-Up. What's the worse that will happen with Fusilade, it might kill existing grass, Round-Up will kill existing grass, what is the danger?

It's too late to kill bermuda with Fusilade now here, it's round-up or next year.
Old 08-31-2001, 04:34 AM
LawnSite Member

TruGreen Marketing

TruGreen is a marketing company. Don't take their word for anything except that a bill will be left at your door! Real advise could be obtained from your local extension office. They run thru employees at the speed of light and in my opinion should not be considered authorities on lawn care. But if you want a lesson on how to make money in the green industry, follow their lead! However, why fight the bermuda? Kill it and reseed.