Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-04-2007, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Working on revisions and want your ideas

I had this website made last season and have not updated it since then. I changed the name of my company form Kelly Lawn and Maintenance to Kelly Lawn and Landscaping and I will be changing the website name. i would like to spruce up my sight a bit by simplifying, adding more pics, showing some equipment, rewording, and offering some specials. Let me know what you think of my sight currently and any constructive criticism.

www.kellylm.com
Old 03-04-2007, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the site looks really good. I like the link to the weather channel and to other area services that may compliment your services.
Have you ever had any complaints about customers' phone numbers being listed on the website? I think if I were one of your clients, I would request that you removed from the web, but you could still use it if needed for an individual reference. Just my opinion.
Get some pictures of grass growing for your middle before/ after lawn install. The picture you've got there should be titled 'grading', or 'leveling'. I think of bright green grass when I think 'lawn install'
Just some of what I think you could improve. hope it helps.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Good Idea, I guess i know what i mean but it does not make much sense to show a new lawn install with no grass growing. I am going to simplify it by listing the services on the mowing and lanscaping pages na dhave less wording. I will be removing the refernces too.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2007, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

I like the clean design. You have a great picture on the home page. I'd try and get some larger lawn equipment instead of the two 21"ers you currently have there, but definitely keep the guys in the picture.

Many website studies have shown that you only have a few seconds to really sell your visitors. Work on the homepage copy to ensure you have a strong message in there. Pics help sell the quality of work you do. Adding your personal qualifications and local ties will really help convert calls. People already know they're on your website. Why waste words on that?

"Here you will find valuable information to help start the process of enhancing your outdoor space." What about the people who just want maintenance for now? How about a short paragraph each on lawn and landscaping with links in there as well to the more detailed pages with additional pics?