Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-22-2007, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

alright

echeandia: Here ya go, how does this one look.

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Free mowing.pdf (50.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 02-22-2007, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy1 View Post
echeandia: Here ya go, how does this one look.
I get your trying to increase the incentive from $7.50 to $50 in my example based on your offer. But here is the general problem I have with "free" offers. They aren't free. There is always a catch. So from the consumers standpoint they are going to start off being suspicious. This is also true for percent off offers.

My advertisements do not mention dollar costs. I speak to peoples emotions. I talk about how they can avoid working in the sun to avoid that dreaded weekly chore. I talk about how good they will feel when they drive up and their lawn and home looks terrific. You get someone fired up about those things and they will pay top dollar.

You see a lot of brochures on this site that are similar to yours. Sure they work and get people to sign up. But what are they leaving on the table? Could they have charged more? Could they have better prospects calling?

Don't think small.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

FREE, How stupid do you think people are? You guys want a flyer that will work, make you money and bring in tons of new customers. Offer a one time mowing, of lets just say $30. Let them know this is a one time opportunity. Once you have done the service leave a bill and then ask them if they are interested in further service. Customers are more willing to sign up once they have seen how good a job you can do. Other customers just like to have their lawn professionally cut once. This is a win/win situation. You get yards to mow, and customers get a chance to try you out. You dont buy a car without a test drive, so dont expect customers to sign up for a service, not knowing if you're any good.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Member

yeah what the other mow2nd said.

SHAKE-N-BAKE!!

For I Am A Better Than You Will Ever Be!<--LMAO
Old 03-08-2007, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Last time I checked this was a place for beginners in this field to come and ask questions....

Not a place for some dimwitted ******* to blatently put someone else's hard work down...

If this guy is anything like me he's got a lot on his plate and he's doing his best with what he's got....
Old 03-09-2007, 04:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch View Post
Last time I checked this was a place for beginners in this field to come and ask questions....

Not a place for some dimwitted ******** to blatently put someone else's hard work down...

If this guy is anything like me he's got a lot on his plate and he's doing his best with what he's got....
Amen brother!
Old 03-09-2007, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch View Post

Not a place for some dimwitted ******* to blatently put someone else's hard work down...

OMG..................I JUST TOLD THE GUY HOW HE COULD HELP HIS BUSINESS AND MAKE SOME CASH, DA## DON'T YOU READ.