Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2007, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaa View Post
Hello we are just North of Concord. The Franklin / Salisbury line. Nice to see such a turnout for NH
Hey bud Northfield here. Got alot of contracts for this year?? Need to get rind of any? Nice to see area folks on here, Kingsbury is around your area also I think. Good luck this year and hopefully this snow will melt soon>

www.4daughterslandscape.com
Old 03-11-2007, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.H.BOY View Post
Hey bud Northfield here. Got alot of contracts for this year?? Need to get rind of any? Nice to see area folks on here, Kingsbury is around your area also I think. Good luck this year and hopefully this snow will melt soon>
Ya im moving in a month to the Franklin/Hill line. Doesnt seem to be much work in that area though.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC View Post
Ya im moving in a month to the Franklin/Hill line. Doesnt seem to be much work in that area though.
Yup you got that right. I'll hitting the ad's next week.

www.4daughterslandscape.com
Old 03-11-2007, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello, Im just beginning my business this year in Bedford. I have been doing a lot of research on all aspects of the business. I have several unanswered questions though. I registered my business name with the secretary of state. Do I need to get a state license? I'm pretty sure I don't need one for my town. Also. I was wondering what the going rate was for basic lawn care in NH. Mow, trim, and blow deal. any help on this would be much appreciated.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.H.BOY View Post
Yup you got that right. I'll hitting the ad's next week.
ya i still need to meet up when it works out for us both
Old 03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith1981 View Post
Hello, Im just beginning my business this year in Bedford. I have been doing a lot of research on all aspects of the business. I have several unanswered questions though. I registered my business name with the secretary of state. Do I need to get a state license? I'm pretty sure I don't need one for my town. Also. I was wondering what the going rate was for basic lawn care in NH. Mow, trim, and blow deal. any help on this would be much appreciated.
Bedford area... LOTS of $ to be made there! Im looking to find some work down that area myself.
All i ever did was register my name. Of course don't forget insurance!
The going rate would depend on your overhead/expenses. Some people do it cheaper because they can afford to. Most smaller lawns i have seen go for 35-50 depending on your costs and or the company. Also some people run a "mow, blow, and go" business. Others invest a few extra minutes and include some weeding, raking over mulch, dead heading flowers, etc. I know some that include this as part of the mow job and thats why they charge a few extra bucks. Also some charge extra for bagging and removal of grass clippings.
Welcome to the business though! It is very rewarding in many ways. It just takes a little time to figure out how it all runs and the proper amount to charge a person so you aren't over or under charging.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

thanks. much appreciated.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Member

What kind of insurance are you speaking of? I was thinking of getting contractor general liabilty. Also does anyone here in NH have any used equipment they are trying to get rid of?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ya all i will have in contractor gen liability. I drop it in winter because i wont use it. Not to many places carry used equipment (and most places i know if it is used you dont want it). I am however checking with a landscape company on 2 48" Scags they had for sale last fall. They run, but definetly have been used. $600 each with the bagger last i knew. Im only looking for one so if they have both i will let you know.
Also just starting out you wont need to much really. Last year i only used a 36" walk behind. It did the job and worked well for getting into fenced yards. I just plan on picking up the 48" and a velke/sulky for some of the larger jobs. I just cant afford a zero turn plus i like the versatility of 2 walk behinds for now. And anything larger than that i'll pass on or work with a local smaller landscape company and such.

Last edited by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC; 03-11-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Coastal & Hotshot, we do some work in the Tri-City. Maybe we'll see you around this summer. Good luck this year.

"Blue eyed boy meets a brown eyed girl.... oh oh oh the sweetest thing"