Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-24-2007, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service View Post
Totally different application.
You are "ON" a ZTR... not walking or riding behind it while driving it.

But don't you worry... you have all summer behind that Toro to learn the difference between a veteran like myself who has actually driven both machines... and your brother.

I never said you bought the wrong machine. You didn't buy it anyways, and I am sure you will get accustomed to it. And you may even go on thinking it's the greatest... because like many of the others here... you'll have never tried a Quick 36 and you won't know any better.

But my guess is that if it's a pistol grip setup... it won't take you long to get tired of squeezing those to steer/control the machine.

If all you are mowing is flatter postage stamp lawns, it's hard to beat the Quick 36 for it's size, weight and simplicity. If you are mowing lots of steeper slopes, deep steep ditchlines, etc... then it's hard to beat a dual drive walkbehind because you have true independent control of both rear tires.
Well said Envy
Old 03-24-2007, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Member

It's a T-Bar. I just push or pull it.

Quick36 should offer the dual type also for those of us who have to cut in ditches and hills and that would solve all problems and then there would be no debate.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_A_C View Post
It's a T-Bar. I just push or pull it.

Quick36 should offer the dual type also for those of us who have to cut in ditches and hills and that would solve all problems and then there would be no debate.
The T-Bar isn't bad... not near as bad as the pistol grips.

Toro took it off their Hydro line for a long time though. I didn't know it was back in force. Hopefully they have re-worked the issues involved in why they took it off in the first place...

I didn't know you were cutting steep hills and ditches. I assumed you were not because since I do too, I have found we are in the minority on here. Most of the country is flat... and most of the people here mow flatlands.

You probably have the better drive setup for the application.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 03-24-2007, 03:46 AM
LawnSite Member

The Single Hydro Walkbehinds like Quick36 are easier to maneuver on flat areas and the Dual Type Hydro Walkbehinds are better for ditches and Hills!

I'm just glad we finally got all that cleared up and don't have to argue anymore!!!

Last edited by Katie_A_C; 03-24-2007 at 03:52 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_A_C View Post
I had my brother, Paul, read through this thread because to tell the truth I was starting to get confused by it all. He ran a Lawncare business before he joined the Police Academy and he has helped me get started last year.

Paul said that I made the right choice because the Quick36" has one hydro pump to control both wheels and my Toro has ONE HYDRO PUMP FOR EACH WHEEL

He also said that some people made some rude comments about IP's but there were so many helpful posting that he said to ignore them and focus on the positive!

I feel better about my purchase now and I am looking forward to cutting some grass!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoopiter View Post
Is this really a joke or what ? No offence but it took you till the 11th PAGE to get this ... And again no offence but if it is this difficult for you to understand how this machinery works you really shouldn't be using it, they aren't toys and they can severely injure you if used incorrectly.
I have to agree with you on this one Xoopiter ... still no pictures yet, too.
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 03-25-2007, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Katie : Where are the pictures? I think It would clear up alot of uncertenty If you would post a Picture of You and your new Toro.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Post us a picture of your new mower.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

These people have never seen a lawn mower or a women before (assuming it's a women).
Old 03-25-2007, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had NO need for a dual hydro and Ive used my Quick for one year...and mow around 60 accounts. But thats ME! To each his own..or her own. Katie got a Toro...good for her...no need to bash her. We pretty much make a big deal here over which mower to get...GET THE ONE YOU FREAKIN LIKE! Geez! I love my Quick 36...and i love the company...they make GREAT machines...and will bend over backwards...do back flips...juggle...walk a high wire...paint a murial...and most of all offer great customer service for you. Toro makes a good mower too---but when I tested one for a couple days...i simply did not like it. Doesnt mean its poo poo...it just wasnt what i wanted. Good for you Katie...good luck...and kick some butt this year! Quite frankly I think its cooler than heck that a woman is out there running a LCO.
Quick 36 Samurai 16HP Kawasaki
21" Honda HR215
RedMax BCZ2600S Trimmer
Echo SRM230 Trimmer
Shindaiwa LE260 Edger
Stihl BR 600 Back Pack Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl 018C Chainsaw

http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com
Old 03-25-2007, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPDesign1 View Post
We may fix that problem however at sometime in the near future...

when is this gonna be happening? sign me up for one lol