Register free!

Old 03-23-2007, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So you want a Fla Commercial Pesticide License.

I am going to try this one more time. This is a limited Offer to those who live and work in Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee and Desoto counties.

I am hiring pesticide salesmen who will be trained and given a Tech spray card that will build time towards taking the CPO Test. A successful applicant might be a successful Lawn mowing contractor who is interested in improving themselves and getting their own Pesticide Certification. They will be required to sell Pesticide Fertilization services to their own customers as well as others. They will be paid by commission only and the commission will be paid for the Life of the Service provided. Therefore You make money while receiving On Job Training and gaining time toward taking the certification test. A reasonable quota will be set each year. Training will be mandatory but held so not to conflict with other work since this will be a part time job. These sales jobs will be territorial and limited so no conflict would occur.

Long range opportunities would include doing application and finally going into the Pesticide business for ones self. Look at my age, I am not going to be around forever. If interested contact me by PM.

PS The First year I had my CPO License my lawn mowing accounts doubled. I am no longer in the mowing business because there is less headache and more money in spraying. This a great opperunity for those who are smart enough to jump on it. I won't hire just anyone. I need sharp people if I am going to take the time to train them.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bump Bump Bump

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 03-24-2007, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am in Texas and operate a LCO.

I have my T&O licenses as well as Right of Way.

I am now looking to hire an applicator.

I was looking for someone with about 3 years experience. I was wonder about a few tricks of the trade. Wages, Commission, approximately how many 120X60 lots could be treated in a day, how to stop side jobs with my product....... Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I am in Texas and operate a LCO.

I have my T&O licenses as well as Right of Way.

I am now looking to hire an applicator.

I was looking for someone with about 3 years experience. I was wonder about a few tricks of the trade. Wages, Commission, approximately how many 120X60 lots could be treated in a day, how to stop side jobs with my product....... Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Duekster

Sorry I didn't realize my PM box was full and got an e mail from LS saying you PM me. I have deleted some messages and can now recieve PMs. It is best to answer your question by Phone so send me your number.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

PM Sent thanks

Now I have to go get my phone out of the car. :-)
Old 03-26-2007, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Are you willing to work with anyone in Lake county?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I am going to try this one more time. This is a limited Offer to those who live and work in Sarasota, Charlotte, Lee and Desoto counties.

I am hiring pesticide salesmen who will be trained and given a Tech spray card that will build time towards taking the CPO Test. A successful applicant might be a successful Lawn mowing contractor who is interested in improving themselves and getting their own Pesticide Certification. They will be required to sell Pesticide Fertilization services to their own customers as well as others. They will be paid by commission only and the commission will be paid for the Life of the Service provided. Therefore You make money while receiving On Job Training and gaining time toward taking the certification test. A reasonable quota will be set each year. Training will be mandatory but held so not to conflict with other work since this will be a part time job. These sales jobs will be territorial and limited so no conflict would occur.

Long range opportunities would include doing application and finally going into the Pesticide business for ones self. Look at my age, I am not going to be around forever. If interested contact me by PM.

PS The First year I had my CPO License my lawn mowing accounts doubled. I am no longer in the mowing business because there is less headache and more money in spraying. This a great opperunity for those who are smart enough to jump on it. I won't hire just anyone. I need sharp people if I am going to take the time to train them.
Wow, the great picasso of lawncare is hiring, and you get all the revenue from their customers -- what a deal!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeramirez View Post
Are you willing to work with anyone in Lake county?
Joe

Sorry but Lake county is too far north of me to be hands on. I want to do this legal and above board. Call me a Cantankerous Old Guy, But I don't want any one saying I didn't treat them right and train them well. Sure I can make a little money on training people because they will bring in business to me. But those people will also make money and get ahead by getting their own pesticide license. If they sell the customer, that customer will follow them when they get their own license. I am not asking for a non-compete like every other pesticide company does. Most Lawn boys don't realize what Pest control can do for their business. Real business people realize the value of one stop shopping as a sales tool. Large up scale gated communities that take pride in their appearance is only one target market a pesticide license can help a landscape maintenance contractor. Many commercial bids require a pesticide license.

PS If someone had offered me this kind of deal when I started out I would of jumped on it. As is I had to go back to college and get a degree in order to get my Pesticide License.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Joe

Sorry but Lake county is too far north of me to be hands on. I want to do this legal and above board. Call me a Cantankerous Old Guy, But I don't want any one saying I didn't treat them right and train them well. Sure I can make a little money on training people because they will bring in business to me. But those people will also make money and get ahead by getting their own pesticide license. If they sell the customer, that customer will follow them when they get their own license. I am not asking for a non-compete like every other pesticide company does. Most Lawn boys don't realize what Pest control can do for their business. Real business people realize the value of one stop shopping as a sales tool. Large up scale gated communities that take pride in their appearance is only one target market a pesticide license can help a landscape maintenance contractor. Many commercial bids require a pesticide license.

PS If someone had offered me this kind of deal when I started out I would of jumped on it. As is I had to go back to college and get a degree in order to get my Pesticide License.
If I was not already started I would be all over that deal.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice Ric and all I ever did is make them work for a couple of days a month. Worked great for me I get free labor they get time in. When I first started doing this people thought I was going to let them run their own spray company off my JF# So I stopped most of it. I am still helpping a couple of guys.