Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-29-2000, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you guys seen the deal Lesco is offering on their 2300 and 2600 trimmers. $169.00 each! Sounds like a great buy, but who really makes them and how durable are they? I usually only use Stihl trimmers, blowers and chainsaws. What your opinion?
Old 02-29-2000, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

this will be my 3rd season using the lesco 2300 series. it is an excellent trimmer. i just bought 2 more 2600's for $169 ea. its an unbeatable price for a great machine. Even if you use it as a backup it is worth it..
Old 02-29-2000, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought a lesco 2600 this past season and it's agreat trimmer. I was told it's made by the same co that makes redmax. <p>----------<br>spreble<br>
Old 02-29-2000, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

they are made by a company called ISM an japanese company. This company assembles the Stihl trimmers. The difference between the Lesco and Stihl is the Stihl block and a few parts are manufactured in Germany. All final assembly is done in Japan. The Lesco is completely manufactured in Japan. The very first units had a problem with the mufflers. Lesco recalled them all and fixed them. They still have a hard sell because everyone is still comparing them to the Echo 2450, which was one of their old units painted green
Old 02-29-2000, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Member

they are made by a company called ISM an japanese company. This company assembles the Stihl trimmers. The difference between the Lesco and Stihl is the Stihl block and a few parts are manufactured in Germany. All final assembly is done in Japan. The Lesco is completely manufactured in Japan. The very first units had a problem with the mufflers. Lesco recalled them all and fixed them. They still have a hard sell because everyone is still comparing them to the Echo 2450, which was one of their old units painted green. Its a great buy at that price
Old 02-29-2000, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

the stihl units are not made in japan....they used to be and they were made by robin. that was up to about 5 years ago.<br>the stihl trimmers (most of them) are made here in the us, in virginia beach...the larger stihl trimmers are made in germany...<br>the lesco units are made by a company called shibura, along with the mtd pro units...<p>just the facts !!!
Old 02-29-2000, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I saw these in Lesco a couple of weeks ago. I picked one up and it was leaking gas from somewhere, but not the cap. LOL I put it back down and thought I would hold off on that purchase.
Old 03-01-2000, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

This is the one big drawback to Lesco equipment, you can never be sure which manufacturer built or designed or supplied the equipment year to year. One year its Echo, next its redmax, only a Lesco dealer can help you sort out which parts fit your particular machine. If you have a stand-up Lesco service center near you no problem but if your dealer is staffed by a bunch of hacks your asking for trouble down the road.<p>I now put everything I buy at Lesco on a charge, every time I paid cash for something Id get a bill in the mail, seems they had an employee who had a habit of changing cash sales to charge sales after you left and pocketed the proceeds, hoping the bill would just get paid with no questions. Keep your slips in a handy location. Too bad nobody else sells quality fert at a reasonable price.<p>Bill
Old 03-01-2000, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You too??? I always use my credit card to pay for anything at Lesco, But I still get a Lesco statement. Then I check my credit card statement. Lesco didn't charge me on my credit card! So it's not like I'm being charged twice but it's one more thing I had to do, until I closed my Lesco charge account. Now if they don't charge my credit card then I don't pay for whatever I walk out of the store with. I'm sure they will make sure my credit card now gets processed from now on.<br>