Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-29-2000, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thats my point grassboy, you asked the question here and the answers are here, none of my specific questions have gone unanswerd, do you want to know about startup got search and look up startup, finance same thing, bidding again try the search everything that has ever been done is here, there is no 1 answer to any question, differant sizes of companies, locations, services.....write out an outline of what you want your report to say, then ask the questions or do a search, are you writing a report on lawn companies in your area? or general if its general than you might have to go by post example....&quot;from my research i found that 35% of the lawn care companies prefer commercial to residential&quot; that is just an example i dont know if thats fact, any report i ever wrote i had an outline, it works like a check list what information are you trying get accross to the teacher/class or yourself, start at the begining how did they start what equipment did they start with, where did they get financing, how did they get there clients, how did they keep em, do they plan on growing are they putting money into other ventures besides lawn care or does it all go back into the business,are they happy.....all the nfo is here you just have to systematticly dig it up (RESEARCH) first things first. i just dont think you are going to find any one answer everybody runs there business a little differant otherwise we wouldnt need a forum to swap info, im in my second year the way i run my business is differant then the way someone that has been in business fo 10-15-20 years you have to ask yourself the questions you want answers too then look for the answers, if there is something you cant find after doing a thourough search then post a specific question....i hope this helps, sorry if i sounded like a smart ass before <p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
Old 02-29-2000, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I really was looking for some web sites. My teacher is a real pain and she is soooooooooooooooooo picky on what sources we use, or else I would just print out this whole site! But she won't let me use this!<br>Thanks anyway<br>Grassboy
Old 02-29-2000, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Grassboy<br>I'm 17 and have been cutting grass since I was 11. I really love it. I have been pretty successful, but I have made a ton of mistakes. I can't really help you with your report, but if you have any questions I will be glad to try to answer them. My e-mail is rwallacew@cs.com Good Luck!<p>LawnWorks<br>Rick Wallace
Old 02-29-2000, 08:55 PM

Grassboy, If your teacher is a women and she look good tell her to email me I straighten her out
Old 02-29-2000, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

WWW.LAWNSERVICING.COM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p>THIS IS A WEBSITE!!! YOU KEEP ASKING FOR A WEBSITE AND 'THEY' TOLD YOU TO GO TO GRASSMASTERS SITE LIKE FIVE TIMES ALREADY IN THIS DISCUSSION. HAVE YOU TRIED THAT YET??<p>NO MATTER HOW PICKY YOUR TEACHER IS, IT SEEMS LIKE SHE SURE IS GIVING YOU A LONG TIME TO WRITE THIS REPORT. YOU BETTER HURRY UP AND GET IT DONE BEFORE YOUR SPRING WORK STARTS COMING IN. E-MAIL ME @ AMNGUIDO@HOTMAIL.COM. GIVE ME SPECIFIC TOPICS YOUR LOOKING FOR FOR YOUR REPORT, AND DO YOURSELF A FAVOR....LIKE CJC LANDSCAPING SAID, MAKE AN OUTLINE!! GET IN TOUCH ASAP BECAUSE I WON'T HAVE A COMPUTER FOR A WHILE AFTER 8 MARCH.<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 02-29-2000, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

just a suggestion.. make up a questionaire and email it to people have yes or no answers or rating from 1-10 stuff like that and then you can have statistics for your report it will be alot easier to back up your finding if you print out the responses from the emails feel free to send me one<br>cjcland@hotmail.com<p>you could also make a post that says something like sign up for my questionaire please or something like that if you get 25 or 50 it would be easy for statistics<br>example if you send out 25 and 4 out of 25 answer yes to question 1 you would have 16%<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida<br>
Old 03-01-2000, 05:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for your guys help!<br>I really do appreciate it but my references are due today so I already found enough. It took many hour to find this but I did it. While I actually have your guys attention, I need some help on buying a Blower, Trimmer, an Edger, and a sulky, and I have pretty much decided this is the one I am getting but, a mower, I am probably getting the Exmark Turf Tracer 52&quot; walkbehind. As you might have observed I am starting a lawn business. I have mowed lawn for a long time but never in the commercial business. What kind of Blower,Trimmer,Edger,and Sulky to you guys like??? I am looking to get a possible Red Maxx blower, or Stihl. Does Red Max and Shindaiwa make trimmers too???<p>Thanks <br>Grassboy
Old 03-01-2000, 06:26 AM
LawnSite Member

grassboy. Sold my first business to serviceMaster 9 years ago. Working on my second business right now, after they taught me all my mistakes the first time. Revenge is sweet. Did your father know Ray Martin? He's my hero