Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-28-2007, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Residential pressure washing has so many liability issues,damage free is hard i have messed up a couple of times but watch what you are doing.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVracer View Post
I got an email today for someone wanting their house pressure washed. I went out and measured the home which came out to 339 linear feet, single story. The home is wood-sided that is painted blue. What kind of chemical if any should I use? I normally do not use the chemical injector on vinyl sided homes. The house only had the typical grime such as cobwebs and dirt. I know the normal rate is around $1 per linear foot, but I am solo and that to me is way too high. I am going to quote around $215 total. Basically just want to know if I should use any chemical. The PW site didn't answer my question. Thanks and free bumps appreciated.

Chemically clean and rinse with low pressure is the best way to go on painted wood. If is is being prepped for re-paint then I'd go with TSP and Bleach. If not being repainted, then no TSP. Use a good all pupose soap that is engineered to blend with the bleach. House washes typiacally should never need high pressure. (Brick can handle a little more pressure but not too much)

Down stream at low pressure and wait 10-15 minutes and then low/pressure rinse.

My advice for guys that don't understand this concept of lower pressure and chemicals are better off forming a relationship with a PRO Washer in the area and feeding off eachother with referrals. I do lots of work given to me by lawncare guys and send lawncare work to them.

As far as that price, it is low but can be profitable if doing it the way I described. I could do a home that size in less than and hour. But I would still charge more because it is worth more to the customer.
Awesome Pressure Washing and Great Cleaning Service
Follow us on Facebook.. facebook.com/powerwash