Register free!

Old 09-10-2001, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Deadbeats

I an totally tired of the deadbeat customers.Is there any way we can get a special posting area with a database by state where we can list our blackballed customers?
Old 09-10-2001, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the idea was killed awhile back...take a look

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...threadid=17165

Get asscociated with a credit agency and collection agency. Otherwise if it is worth it take them to civil court.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

With my service, I plainly state that services will be temporarily suspended until the last treatment is paid for. That way, you can only lose the $ for one app. It is better that getting stuck with a monthly FULL SERVICE invoice! That is why my goal is to get out of maintenance and do lawn apps exclusively.
Old 09-13-2001, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Although we have used a collection company they have been only moderately effective.

We found out that taking them to small claims court here in NJ is just as easy. You can get the paper work in advance and mail it in. No need to go to the county courthouse every time.

They pay or you appear for mediation first and then a judge if you can't work it out with the mediator.

You can get all your money, court fees and late fees unless you negotiate a settlement. If they don't pay before court date and you go to mediation it's probably big enough $ to fight for. Small stuff usually gets paid before.

We take credit cards so they can pay at the last minute. We fax the court the CC transaction and it gets taken off the docket and marked closed.

We're pleased.
Old 09-16-2001, 09:24 PM
Banned

i was thinking of this yesterday while i was going over my books.
in order for this to work there has to be honor among theives..uh..loc's lol.anyways if a client goes into a debt situation with one co they are BOUND to do it with another.but sometimes it is a service issue thats holding payment up.i would really like to explore this with other lco's i know the topic was put to rest but hey what the crap.
Old 09-20-2001, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i know we all get deadbeats and that sucks, most you can smell a mile away, you know what i mean, heres an idea that has worked very well for us. i offer my cutomers a 10% prepaid discount if they pay the progarm in full by feb.15 and a 5% if paid by march 1. i have 180 chem. clients and 177 prepaid their programs. it's great start up cash i figure out my projected usage for chemicals and put it aside or even prepay for my products because my supplier gives the same discount so i real don't feel the discount i gave the customer, and no chemical biling all year. T