Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2000, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been reading about aftermarket filters and was just wondering where you buy them and are they an exact match.
Old 02-28-2000, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Are you referring to the oil filters in the the other thread from today? If so you can go to the Purolator web site, the cross reference works for some small engine applications. That is how I found the PureOne filters for my Kubota, Kohler and Kawasaki engines<br>
Old 02-28-2000, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I cross referenced Fram for my mowers and bought them at Advanced Auto for 1/3 the price I was paying at my dealer for the Chopper filters. After reading the posts, I will be buying some wix tomorrow, I guess I will cross ref. the fram to a wix. Parts stores are going to be your cheapest route I would think due to the large volume purchases.<p>Homer
Old 02-28-2000, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Member

mowmore has them for $3.50 a piece right now
Old 02-29-2000, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a place where you can buy purolator or wix filters online.
Old 02-29-2000, 10:04 AM

Hello Everybody:<p>I had the URL on the other post about oil filters, I wish I had more Information.<p>Sometimes the aftermarket filters are good & other times not. Why gamble on such a expensive piece of equipment, that can make you so much money?<p>These after market filters sometimes are exact OEM filters, that the OEM didn't buy, sometimes they didn't pass the strict guide lines that the OEM has & that is why others are selling at a discounted price. <p>Just because some aftermarket filters have a OEM name on them doesn't mean they are any good. If you find them with OEM name on them & they are packaged differently than the OEM way, I would be sure to stay away from them. Because that probably means that they didn't pass the test.<p>If you get down to the bare bone facts, if you have a unit in for warranty repair that has a generic air or oil filter on them the dealer can void your warranty on the unit. Don't gamble this to save yourself a few bucks, in most cases it can cost you a lot down the road.<p>There is 100's & I know most of them, of ways to save big money in the lawnservice business rather than gambling on wheather or not you got a good deal on a so called generic air or oil filter. Not to save a few dollars, please!<p>I use this in my sales pitch all the time.<br>&quot;It's easier to oppologize for price now than quality down the road.&quot; <br>So true this is!<p>&quot;Work Smarter not Harder&quot;<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/
Old 02-29-2000, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.pureoil.com/catalog/xref.asp&quot;&gt;Purolator Cross&lt;/a&gt; <p>Go here and use your Kohler, Briggs or whatever and see if it crosses. Don't believe it....type in just 70000-15241 It is a Kubota number. It may not work for every app but it worked for all of mine. Once you get their number you can cross that into your favorite filter. Discount Auto Prts sells Purolator for like $2.70 and Pure One for about $5.00. There is a way on the Purolator site to cross them into PureOne but by just adding a P to the standard Purolator filter, you have the PureOne number if available.<br>