Register free!

Old 04-04-2007, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Average Residential Contract Price

My average residential contract is worth between $1500 to $2000. Services are lawn cutting, spring and fall clean ups, shrub trimming and snow plowing. The total is than divided into 12 equal payments and due on the 1st of each month.

The reason why I ask is I'm getting mixed responses to the price's. Some say "oh thats cheap" .....and some turn white and say no TOO MUCH

I've also heard that some companies in my area charge according to the clients income. I've never done this and have always been fair to each customer. What do you guys think or charge. THANKS
Old 04-04-2007, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There have been similar threads about this in the past. Your going to get 100 different answers from 100 people. It all varies geographically, and by demographics. Every region of the country is priced different. Try to compare your prices to other companies local to you. How do you find out how much others are charging? Ask....ask you local dealer/supplier if they know how much so and so charges and use all the info you find as a ballpark figure against your figures.

IMO your average contract seems right on, then again I don't know what the market is like in Canada.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Landscape Maintenance View Post
My average residential contract is worth between $1500 to $2000. Services are lawn cutting, spring and fall clean ups, shrub trimming and snow plowing. The total is than divided into 12 equal payments and due on the 1st of each month.

The reason why I ask is I'm getting mixed responses to the price's. Some say "oh thats cheap" .....and some turn white and say no TOO MUCH

I've also heard that some companies in my area charge according to the clients income. I've never done this and have always been fair to each customer. What do you guys think or charge. THANKS
Is that in Canadian or American?
Old 04-15-2007, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

some like to bill 12 months, i bill 3 equal payments april/june/august for lawn services, this seems to work well in nj areas. Some clients are on monthy billing, and the snow i separate per snowfall.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

As long as your not landing every job your not lowballing.

It's the only job i know,
Where i can walk in circles and talk to myself
And no one thinks i'm crazy.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairfreak98ss View Post
some like to bill 12 months, i bill 3 equal payments april/june/august for lawn services, this seems to work well in nj areas. Some clients are on monthy billing, and the snow i separate per snowfall.
How do you determine the price for a monthly mowing customer. I have gone to monthly billing at a seasonal rate this year and have met oposition by customes, although Im ready for a change and the new system will have to work or they go... Just want some input as to how you arive at the price per month. I plan to do more renovations this year I have a direct mailing out today and will get to customers tomorrow or Sat. should be good a good time for the postacard the temps are going UP poeple will go outside!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:13 AM
LawnSite Member

What are we considering a average lot size 8000 sq ft.? how about coming up with a formula by the sq ft .mow edge and blow $1 per sq ft .per month 8000 sq ft. for $80 dollars per month, dont forget that you have 52 weeks in a year so take $20 x 52 =1040 per year =86.60 per month that way you tell the coustomer it is $20 dollars per week and you get paid for those extra 4 weeks a year that everone lets slip by ,BS get paid , by the way does anyone have price per sq ft. on high weed mowing ?