Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-24-2001, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Any way to side-discharge and mulch well too?

I'm doing more upscale properties these days, which means much more extensive bedding on the lawns. My Bunton 52" hydro has double blades so does a fair job of cutting up the clippings; but my real problem is keeping the clippings from spraying into the beds. Usually I go around three times, discharging to the outside, but when the beds are close together, I'm in trouble.
Also, I still have a few customers that want bagging (I charge for it).
So, the question is, is there a set-up that will do good mulching, with or without a chute cover, but will also side dichagere so I can put my Grass Gobbler on?
Old 09-25-2001, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Member

I have also run into the same problem with my Lazer.

I ended up getting a mulch kit for it. As far as the customers that wanted it bagged (I only had a couple) I just told them I can no longer bag, and that I would do my best to make the lawn look good. I still have them.

One thing with mulching is that I have to cut some of my yards twice (they water). I really don't think that I'm losing time doing this. I don't have to stop to empty the clippings. I don't have to pay to dump them either, and I don't have to take more time to get them out of my truck either.

One downside...the sidewalk and driveway clean up takes a little more time to blow. Oh well.

Just my opinion.