Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-28-2000, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Member

I was curious to see what everyone uses. I thought I read an old post about this but I couldn't find it. I have eXmarks withKohlers in them if that helps anyone. Thanks
Old 02-28-2000, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I only use Kohlers, but thats cuz I bought a case of them on eBay cheap and have enough to last the life of the machine.<p>My opinion on air and oil filters, go with the oem since they are inexpensive enough and these two items are what control 99.9% of an equipments wear areas. One cheapo knockoff failure with an oil or air filter and the engine is a big paperweight.<p>Bill
Old 02-28-2000, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Mostly Purolator.
Old 02-28-2000, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I read the post as well on which brands to buy. I also went to a webpage where someone did testing and cut apart several filters from each manufacturer. The results: (remember these are not my findings so don't sue me) Fram is junk, Pennzoil is junk. AC Delco pretty good, Purolator pretty good, Wix rated the best (Wix also makes Napa brand filters) I have since used only Wix filters and AC Delco when I couldn't find a Wix. Will it help me get an extra 500 hours out of a machine. I don't know, but I know that the Napa Silver filters are about $2.50 so they are about the cheapest out there and the best.
Old 02-28-2000, 06:17 PM

Hello Everybody:<p>Hey Barkleymut I think this is the page you were talking about. I was very surprised at the results they found!<p>http://minimopar.simplenet.com/oilfilterstudy.html<p>This is a very slow loading page & it's worth the wait even if you have to wait a hour on it. Save yourself a lot headaches, time & money over a period of time. <p>WIX is the best! I use them & synthetic oil!<p><p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/