Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-28-2007, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This today was my little mini stump...first all the valves were hidden...so i poked in the mulch bed with the screw driver..so then i left the controler on zone 1 and kept turning off/on the PVB ball valve...eventually i heard where the valves were..the were those GOD D@M Toro Flow Pros with the bad diraphrams that were made in Mexico or what ever.
here is the first picture of the valve box i found after i had to kicked a ton of perenial roots on top of it off...it was about 4-6 inches down in the ground. and a pain in the @$$ to find/open...def hasnt been opened in what felt like 10 years..

This is what it looked like after i took the 5 years of growth out of it...Real nasty...I noticed the wires were covered in 2 -3 inches of water and those cheap grey nuts were used...obv why i had 3 zones running and 0 pressure

Yuck i hate boxes like this....nasty horrible wiring.....down waaaaaay to far....and toro flow pros....
arrrrg different angle

Last edited by CAPT Stream Rotar; 04-28-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

sorry for the repost..

this should be a different view of the mud/valve box..

Ok Experts here is my main concern tell me what you would do here...let me give you a run down..

first off those diraphrams are going to sh!t...the box covers the caps completly making it very hard to unscrew/screw in new diraphrams...so my question is do I:
1.try to pick up that box and get it unscrewed..
2.leave it and do nothing( i know thats bad) but try to get another seasOWN out of it?
3.RE-mainifoold the entire box which is going to cost to much labor /materials...

The lady in the house is about 90.when i told her about the problem i asked her what she wanted to do..she replied
"Keep the spending $$ down"..I felt like saying well dont water you grass this year...but i bit my tounge..
she is personal friends with my boss's dad and rember's my boss when he was about 4 years of age.now he is 35...so i not sure how to approach the situation..so i decided to re wire nut the wires...tape them good....and keep the wires high...
i hope it goes ok
final clean up

Last edited by CAPT Stream Rotar; 04-28-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You mean you didn't at least bail our the box and investigate further?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lastly here is my boss and his lil girl in their dune buggy...thing peals..

and he was doing dounuts in the shop road...cool boss..we get along.. A little tight with $$ but what boss isnt....def a friend boss...
Old 04-28-2007, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshovel View Post
You mean you didn't at least bail our the box and investigate further?

bailing out the box was impossible cause we just had 3 inches of rain and she lives on the ground water table...I knew the problem wast the wires/diraphrams...no need to get muddy when i dont have to.....also that box is right next to a down spout....

this was around 4 pm my boss is on the phone telling me to burp some snap key 2 towns over, and this is after the lady said keep the cost down..so i re nutted the wires wrapped the strands. valves=junk..i got them to work properly but they are going to shat the bed soon.I had to burp a pool snap key which the boss told me. bounced sugga
our company goes there every week so there will be a good eye kept on it...
Old 04-28-2007, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Rotar, the problem is that the Flo-Pro's are garbage. They need to be replaced.

Also, do you not use DBY's out there? You seriously just taped up the nuts again?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So you be sure to tell the boss the valves need replacing and he needs to give her a quote on doing that. You did do that right cutiepie? Skype me or not?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Water View Post
Rotar, the problem is that the Flo-Pro's are garbage. They need to be replaced.

Also, do you not use DBY's out there? You seriously just taped up the nuts again?
I know the flo prows are trash..I told the boss the entire situation...he knows all about that account as he has been there for 15 years...irrigation for 10..I told him the deal.....he understands...but the dude dont have any silcone king nuts....I know cheese bagging but i cant fix problems with what i dont have..

what does a dby stand for?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshovel View Post
So you be sure to tell the boss the valves need replacing and he needs to give her a quote on doing that. You did do that right cutiepie? Skype me or not?
email me your skype username....

bresnch@hotmail.com
Old 04-28-2007, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

OK OK take it easy now Eddie, I didn't mean any put down by that. These guys have eaten off that thick skin of yours. Please do not take offense. You know I think you are AOK.