Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 09-11-2006, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Uncut strip of grass left on my new Super Z..

Between the trim side and middle blade I'm getting a strip of uncut grass. XR7 deck 06 model. Anyone Know what I can do. No one responded to my PM so please repond.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can contact your dealer about the free baffle kit they made to fix this problem. We had the same problem, put the kit on, no more problem!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just looked through my private messages here, I get a bunch, and for some reason I overlooked yours, I am sorry.
There are triangular baffles you can bolt in, or your dealer can, that will take care of the problem for you.
They are part # 107897, you will need 2 of this part #.
Your dealer can take care of this under warranty.

Pj
Old 09-12-2006, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant
Just looked through my private messages here, I get a bunch, and for some reason I overlooked yours, I am sorry.
There are triangular baffles you can bolt in, or your dealer can, that will take care of the problem for you.
They are part # 107897, you will need 2 of this part #.
Your dealer can take care of this under warranty.

Pj
We put the triangle in my deck and I thought it was helping but when you cut wet thick grass it will still leave a windrow of cut grass between the center and left blade. You have to lap back over to pick this up or it looks bad and this should not be happening, any more ideas.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

There will be a air lift kit available soon that will take care of it.
I will post part #'s and availability when I have them.

Pj
Old 04-30-2007, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Bringing this back to the top. Not complaining, but my Super Z still leaves the stringer with all the "kits" installed. I got another 60" Super Z brand new this year, and it does the same thing. We are in Iowa, and although I dont have any customers complaining, the problem is not fixed.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick858 View Post
Bringing this back to the top. Not complaining, but my Super Z still leaves the stringer with all the "kits" installed. I got another 60" Super Z brand new this year, and it does the same thing. We are in Iowa, and although I dont have any customers complaining, the problem is not fixed.
Have you told your dealer this?
Email me and I will have someone contact you.
We are not experiencing the issue we used to have with the XR-7's this season that I am aware of.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Member

I have informed the dealer, as well as Daren(black and gold). He is the territory rep for my area. I havent pushed the issue too much, simply because I cant afford to be without the unit during the growing season, and obviously there is no way to show the problem without growing grass.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Same problem.

I have a 2006 44" Super Mini Z with the mulch kit on it and I have the same problem with uncut strip of grass in the middle of the deck. I think it is the left side middle. I did not notice it that much until I started cutting fescue and zoysia grass. I mostly cut bermuda,and I noticed it when the bermuda was a little higher than normal.

You can really see it bad on the fescue and zoysia. I bought the mower in June of 2006 and really did not use it that much because I was just starting out and did not have that many customers. I think the mower is great but I really wish it had a better cut.

Can you tell me what part numbers and parts that I need to get this problem fixed. I bought it from Terrys Tool Rental in Cumming Ga. and so far they have been great. I would like to call Terry with the part numbers and parts list so he can order them and I could get this problem fixed.

Thank you for your help. Dave...
Old 05-02-2007, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

We are seeing this too. We are adjusting deck level, I will see if that helps.