Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 04-16-2007, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Member

New Fastrak 20/52

Just received my new Fastrak 20/52 delivered last Friday (4/13/07) from Miner's in Rootstown, OH. The guys there were very patient with my wife and I. And I got a great deal to boot. Great experience!

Had to cut the grass and it cut my time by at least a two thirds over the old 21" push mower with my first ztr.

And then......we got snow the next night. NE Ohio weather for ya!

We passed up on the bag vac system for two reasons:

1) We usually only bag the front lawn when it's wet and high. This is only about 1/4 of our yard. The blower could not be installed or removed very quickly, and would be impossible for the missus to handle.

2) The rear bag mount didn't look sturdy enough. One wrong turn and the bag rack would be destroyed. The more expensive units for the new 20/54 and the larger Hustlers seem more substantial, and while not bullet proof, should sustain less damage.

For that reason, I am getting a side bagger from Accelerator. Should work great for the small amount of grass catching we do and will work well for leaves.

I intend to side discharge most of the time and was wondering which blade would work best for mulching up the grass with that in mind. Stock/Fusion? Wavy? Gators? We have mostly Bluegrass with a little rye and fescue. And being a homeowner, I rarely need to cut when it's wet, except for the occasional spring time monsoon.

I have to say this site, and specifically the Hustler Forum, was a great resource for making my decision and pushed me over the edge. I was looking at the Scag Freedom Z as well, but between price and this resource, I was convinced that Hustler was the way to go.

One last thing, PJ, put me down for a yes vote on a rubber chute for the FS20/52!

Mike
Old 04-17-2007, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the new mower and welcome to the family!!!
As far as blades, if your going to side discharge and want mulched type clippings, I would go with the Gator's.
Here are all the part #'s for your blade options.

FasTrak/MiniZ/Super Mini Z 52 side discharge 783753 stock blade
FasTrak/MiniZ/Super Mini Z 52 side discharge / deck mounted catcher 787721 high lift blade
FasTrak/MiniZ/Super Mini Z 52 mulching 794198 wavy mulching blade
FasTrak/MiniZ/Super Mini Z 52 Gator 785436 Gator Blade
Mini Z/Super Mini Z 52 side discharge 795526 Fusion blade

And I will communicate your vote on the rubber chute.

Pj
Old 05-06-2007, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Fastrak rubber discharge chute -please...

PJ,

I've had my 18/52 Fastrak for almost a year now and absolutely love it. It cuts beautifully and quickly. My neighbors can't believe how fast I can cut the 2.5 acres over their green & yellow machines.

My only complaint is the metal discharge chute. Can Hustler PLEASE make a rubber one for the older Fastrak's. I (& am sure other other owners) would buy one in a heart beat.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimceez View Post
PJ,

I've had my 18/52 Fastrak for almost a year now and absolutely love it. It cuts beautifully and quickly. My neighbors can't believe how fast I can cut the 2.5 acres over their green & yellow machines.

My only complaint is the metal discharge chute. Can Hustler PLEASE make a rubber one for the older Fastrak's. I (& am sure other other owners) would buy one in a heart beat.
I know, so do our engineers and product manager.

Pj
Old 05-19-2007, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Member

PJ,
Why does it say this in the Fastrak manual:

WARNING: To comply with the thrown object safety
requirements, Gator blades are to be used on the FasTrak only
when the mulch kit installed.

Does this mean I can't use Gators to side discharge? Or do they just throw clippings farther? I bought a set of Gator Magnums from Mowpart with the intention of using them to side discharge.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesrule View Post
PJ,
Why does it say this in the Fastrak manual:

WARNING: To comply with the thrown object safety
requirements, Gator blades are to be used on the FasTrak only
when the mulch kit installed.

Does this mean I can't use Gators to side discharge? Or do they just throw clippings farther? I bought a set of Gator Magnums from Mowpart with the intention of using them to side discharge.
I am not really sure, I am thinking it is due to how far it disperses clippings, I will ask around and see what I can find out.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Member

I am glad to see I am not the only one on here that bought an 18/52. I really love the mower. The 18 was $400 cheaper and the only diffence is a jet in the carb. If I change the jet I have a 20hp unit, but no complaints yet with the 18hp Honda.