Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-06-2007, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the input, I raised my bid to $ 1530.00 an acre. I found out that the other company which is to busy to get to him was charging $ 1600.00 an acre. so he can take it or leave it.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siteprep View Post
Thanks for all the input, I raised my bid to $ 1530.00 an acre. I found out that the other company which is to busy to get to him was charging $ 1600.00 an acre. so he can take it or leave it.
Amazing how contractors will try to price someones elses work for them aint it. I recently had a longtime customer call me up to tell me how he has being solicited by a number of my competitors offering a cheaper price. Now I know his reason for calling was to try and get me to lower my pricing. Instead i told him I would park my truck first and then raised his prices and gave him the take it or leave it speach. He accepted my new price and put me to work on another job. Never let anyone else set your pricing.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcatservice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siteprep View Post
Thats strange, I have used hundreds of square bails here and they dont appear to be different. They are wrapped tight and appear to all be the same size in general. Also I always buy 5 or 6 extra bails just in case, but I almost always
have some left over, with good coverage.
good for you, but when i was using straw i purchased from local southern states co-op for convience. They in turn bought it delivered from around 12 different local farmers and there was a lot of difference in coverage.
Mike
Old 05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I too, have seen a lot of differences in bale sizes and coverage. Nobody in my area even grows straw so i have to get everything shipped in. everybodies bailers are a little different and depending on whos got straw and whos not, my bales can vary greatly. The bad thing is, I have to pay as much for the small bales as I do for the bigger ones.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Member

We get 60-70 dollars per 1000ft.sq. Includes 1 pass with the powered landscape rake, 1 pass with the APS seeder, fertilizing, straw blowing and crimping.