Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2000, 06:55 AM

MTD and Lesco are in together on the equipment. I'm not sure of the arangement. But I know they are all built in the same place. I can't remember if Lesco bought MTD or if it is some other kind of deal, it all took place three or so years ago.<br>
Old 02-23-2000, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ferris was bought by simplicity, and they have no plans of changing the comapany..<br>mtp pro is made by a company called commercial turf products, it is a comapny jointly owned by mtd and lesco....therefore you will find the units in mtd red and in lesco green...poor quality in my opinion...there hand help products are made by jap company called shibura (correct spelling ???)<br>just some of the facts... hopes this helps..
Old 02-23-2000, 09:50 PM

At one time Lesco hand held power equipment was Echo painted green. Don't know if that's still the case.
Old 02-24-2000, 06:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

at one time it was echo equipment, you could go to your echo dealer and he had books to look parts up under the lesco name....<br>not the case anymore though....most of it is now the shibura product...
Old 02-24-2000, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Would not touch mtd with a 10 foot pole.<br>They seem to fall apart on a regular basis.
Old 02-24-2000, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

how does that saying go......<br>If Huffy made a plane-would you fly in it?<br>Anyways, I have demo-ed the MTD pro, & I would consider buying it only if you're just starting out, & don't like used equip., or if you or family works there & can get it at a discount. <br>My preference would be to buy a good name (like bobcat, scag, exmark, etc) used mower for the same amt. of $$. The quality is better from the start. Like bicycles, would you pay $150 for a new huffy or a good used schwinn? <br>Remember, &quot;the bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten&quot;. Try to save up for a better brand mower.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>
Old 02-24-2000, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Member

lesco's/mtd' can't be that bad if a co. sells all 15 exmarks wbs and 6 choppers for them??? I talked with a worker and he said they have had no problems with the lesco's at all with them at all.
Old 02-24-2000, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I have had Lesco/MTD mowers, blowers and a snowblower, all have had bolts just vibrate off. I feel most of the equipment is not built for the commercial user.
Old 02-24-2000, 06:35 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

A friend of mine got a Viper last spring and it spend about as much time in the shop as on the turf. He is sorry he bought it. Deck problems, wheel motor, pump, you name it, it went bad.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 02-24-2000, 06:40 PM
Banned

Look in &quot;Lawn and Landscape Mag.&quot; Or type in same. They have an ad for CHOPPERS for $6000