Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2000, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen the other posts regarding mulching, but do you guys charge a separate amount for edging of the beds prior to mulching? Probably included in the cost of a spring clean-up if done for the site? If not as a &quot;bed preapration&quot; fee? <p>Thanks!<p>P.S. Very long time lurker and finally feel the need to stick my face in and say hello! Thanks for all the invaluable advice and information I have been reading for the past 2 years!!!
Old 02-23-2000, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Member

my company always includes edging when mulching. The time that will be taken to do this is always part of the estimate.
Old 02-23-2000, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Know your customer!<p>Many will compare your &quot;edging-included&quot; bid against a &quot;mulch-only&quot; bid and you'll come out unfavorable.<p>I've learned the hard way on how to treat some of these property managers. There are jobs to be had and good money to be made, and even decent relationships that arise, but you've almost got to be as cunning as they are.
Old 02-23-2000, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So if you charge $50 per yard installed this includes all the hard edging of the beds? Seems a little low if you are actually redefining a bed. For instance I have been charging $45/yard installed then add a surcharge for bed preparation. Maybe I should just raise my per yard installed rate and cut out the other cost.