Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 09-26-2006, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Member

New Super Z (2)

I received my new Super 72" XR7 LC Kaw last week and wanted to give you a update(Since my last thread was closed). First of all I have had the machine for about 1 1/2 weeks and have mowed my yard twice. Overall the machine is Great , BUT the there were a few things that were of concern. First the paint had a few flaws that were very noticable (I'm Sorry I like things to look nice) Then I noticed my hydro cooler fan was not working and noticed that it was never plugged in.(Not a big deal but I would of thought my dealer would of caught this)The cut was alright but I thing I need the Kit that everyone is talking about. (I was cutting at 3 1/2".)The 26LC Kaw was great on the flat part of my yard but seemed to bog at the inclines. (I should of listened to you guys and got the 28EFI.) Now to the good part: This thing is wicked fast and quick I mowed my 4 acres last night in 1 HR and 10 minutes when before my GH took 2 hours: Th Super is fast, quiet, and the controls are very smooth! I think I will order the Flex forks and A Stripe Kit and I Should be good to go. I'll probably keep this for a couple of years and then trade it in on a new EFI unit(Maybe by then they will have a bigger KAW with EFI available!)
Old 09-28-2006, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Talk to your dealer about getting the triangles and the air lift kit installed in your deck, this will be at no charge to you and will take care of your cutting issue.
Let them know about your paint concern also, what are you seeing? we rarely have paint issues since we went to powder coat paint a few years ago.
Thank you for buying a Hustler and welcome to the family!!

Pj
Old 09-28-2006, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are the lift kits available now? I haven't heard
Old 10-01-2006, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tim,
Check your e-mail please, I just sent you something.
Yes,
They are now available.

Pj
Old 10-03-2006, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Member

PJ
Send me that same e-mail. I want the air lift kit also.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcltyson
PJ
Send me that same e-mail. I want the air lift kit also.
They are available through your dealer.
Here are the air lift kit part #'s for the different size decks.
Part # 108213 for XR7 60"
Part# 108228 for XR7 66"
Part# 108231 for XR7 72"
Old 06-19-2007, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Member

What symptoms does the air lift kit fix?

Are these air lift kits still available at no charge from local dealers?
Old 06-20-2007, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKS View Post
What symptoms does the air lift kit fix?

Are these air lift kits still available at no charge from local dealers?
It changes airflow and lift in the deck.
If your deck needs it and it is not already updated your dealer can install it at no charge.
E-mail me so I can look into it for you.

Pj
Old 06-20-2007, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Pj,

I don't have one yet but I'm planning on it. I'm the person you emailed yesterday in Ann Arbor. Thanx.

I'm asking this so I will know what to look for when I purchase the unit. At this point, I don't know what to look for under the deck.

If I looked under a deck that had the kit installed, what would I see?

If I take delivery of a 66inch Super Z and the deck does not have the update, how would I know the deck needs the update? On the demo unit I tried last week, I noticed some clouds of dust and grass coming out from under the front of the deck. I had to dive through them on occasion.

Brian just called and left a message...
Old 06-20-2007, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilmi View Post
I received my new Super 72" XR7 LC Kaw last week and wanted to give you a update(Since my last thread was closed). First of all I have had the machine for about 1 1/2 weeks and have mowed my yard twice. Overall the machine is Great , BUT the there were a few things that were of concern. First the paint had a few flaws that were very noticable (I'm Sorry I like things to look nice) Then I noticed my hydro cooler fan was not working and noticed that it was never plugged in.(Not a big deal but I would of thought my dealer would of caught this)The cut was alright but I thing I need the Kit that everyone is talking about. (I was cutting at 3 1/2".)The 26LC Kaw was great on the flat part of my yard but seemed to bog at the inclines. (I should of listened to you guys and got the 28EFI.) Now to the good part: This thing is wicked fast and quick I mowed my 4 acres last night in 1 HR and 10 minutes when before my GH took 2 hours: Th Super is fast, quiet, and the controls are very smooth! I think I will order the Flex forks and A Stripe Kit and I Should be good to go. I'll probably keep this for a couple of years and then trade it in on a new EFI unit(Maybe by then they will have a bigger KAW with EFI available!)
I doubt seriously it left the factory with paint problems, they could have damaged the paint in shipping and dealer handling. You should be able to tell by how the paint came off but it is still their responsibility because you bought a new mower with a new quality paint finish.

I don't know what kind of dealer you have but I do know Hustler will satisfy your problems.