Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2001, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i only have two that are acre propertys the rest are gated lawns .i got to use it all day i love it i never double cutted nothing and i had a lot of leaves on my lawns today .the biggest problem is getting use to turning rh leavers or lh leavers to quick i pulled a muscle in my arm .also i tried putting it on full speed and i almost hit into my customers car .im not ready for the speed yet but stripes up beautiful nice flat cut. i do workout a little bit but i guess not enough because my forearms are saw as hell from the quick turning it the mower actually man handles me unless i slow down like im brakeing for the turn i guess your supposed to do that.i never through on the grass gobbler because i personally dont think i need that was a waste of 200.00 i side chuted all day work out great but definatelly need mulching blades for my cleanups .also i had a lawn covered deep in leaves i noticed alot of blowout so i switch into slow cut them up nice .all in all im happy with the scag the advantage deck definately works and ill keep the postt rolling after i use it more.i personally think it was kind of pricey but hope it pays off big time.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:56 PM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
Ron try an accelarator bagger it holds more and is tougher than the gobbler
again congrats on your purchase
Old 10-18-2001, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Re: Regarding that grease gun

Quote:
Originally posted by sheppard
Were old clothes the first time you fill it with grease! I never got messier in all my life until I tried to insert a grease cartridge the first time in to that #$%@#$# grease gun. Still have not got the hang of it. Want to see a grown man cry? Tell me to reload a grease gun!

Cordially,
Sheppard
I think many of us could understand your loathing of the grease gun. Have you tried the kind that have a lock on the gun. When you pull back the plunger, the lock keeps it from sliding so you can load the gun. Since I upgraded, no more grease bath... well at least not til I crawl under the machine to reach those xerks. I tell you, one of the best inventions is the locking pnematic grease gun. This baby saves me some serious time, and they are barely more then a normal grease gun.

Jay
Old 10-19-2001, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The same setup would cost $4308 if you chose a Gravely instead. Therefore, the Scag price isn't too out of line with the rest of the industry...you didn't get ripped off.

He could have gotten my Husky 48" ZTR for another $300. It will cut rings around that Scag, and a much nicer cut. Not to mention the increased fatigue because he will have to chase it or stand on a sulky.

Endless Summer Lawn Care
Portsmouth, VA
Old 10-20-2001, 12:56 AM

Scag makes one of the best walkbehinds in my oppinion, I have 2 52" hydros and there's nothing realy i can say bad about them. I like exmark riders but I think Scag makes the best walkbehind. The next walkbehind I buy will most likly be another scag. Good luck with your new machine. Oh yah try doubles too, they work awsome with the advantage deck.