Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 06-21-2007, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKS View Post
Pj,

I don't have one yet but I'm planning on it. I'm the person you emailed yesterday in Ann Arbor. Thanx.

I'm asking this so I will know what to look for when I purchase the unit. At this point, I don't know what to look for under the deck.

If I looked under a deck that had the kit installed, what would I see?

If I take delivery of a 66inch Super Z and the deck does not have the update, how would I know the deck needs the update? On the demo unit I tried last week, I noticed some clouds of dust and grass coming out from under the front of the deck. I had to dive through them on occasion.

Brian just called and left a message...

Brian can tell you exactly what you are getting or looking at, if it doesn't have the air lift kit and rear triangles they will be installed at no charge.
As for the clouds of dust and grass out the front of the deck, this is something another kit will take care of, it is not part of the updated version of the deck, it is a option, its a blow out kit.
This stops air from rolling out the front of the deck in the drier times of the year and when using a mulch kit or catcher.

Pj
Old 06-21-2007, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Pj.

I'll postpone my questions until after the dealer delivers the machine. It's a Super Z 3066.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

deck pins

I know the problem with deck height pins has been talked about before, why won't hustler replace with the new thicker assembly used on the current mowers?

Hustler has no problem with the air flow kits being installed as a warranty item. They should fix this problem also.

I know I'm not the only one who has replaced several deck pins. 6 to be exact
Old 06-22-2007, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks Pj.

I'll postpone my questions until after the dealer delivers the machine. It's a Super Z 3066.
I talked to your rep, you will have the latest installed in the deck upon delivery.

Pj
Old 06-22-2007, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by accuratelawn View Post
I know the problem with deck height pins has been talked about before, why won't hustler replace with the new thicker assembly used on the current mowers?

Hustler has no problem with the air flow kits being installed as a warranty item. They should fix this problem also.

I know I'm not the only one who has replaced several deck pins. 6 to be exact
The new bar and pin can be installed easily, they will go back to the original Hustler Z in 1999.
As far as warranty goes, you need to talk to your dealer about this.

Pj
Old 06-26-2007, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerconsultant View Post
I talked to your rep, you will have the latest installed in the deck upon delivery.

Pj
Thank you PJ. Wow, that's what I call great corporate support. Ya hoo!

If I can ever do an advertisement for Hustler, let me know. I'd be happy to donate my grass and seat time.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Thank you PJ. Wow, that's what I call great corporate support. Ya hoo!

If I can ever do an advertisement for Hustler, let me know. I'd be happy to donate my grass and seat time.
No problem.
The thanks need to go to our Michigan rep, he is making sure you are taken care of.
Post up some pics of your new ride and lawn after you get it.

Pj