Register free!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2007, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Everything Must Go vs glyphosate

Has anyone here used Everything Must Go from Green Guardian? I'm curious as to whether it will be as effective as they claim and how it compares to its chemical cousin glyphosate. I crunched a few numbers and it appears that EMG is far more cost effective...if it truly works.

Roundup 18% glyphosphate is $25/qt from my distributor. 1 qt. of concentrate if mixed at 6oz. per gallon as recommended will make approximately 5 gallons of solution thus $5 per gallon of solution. The label recommends applying at 1 gallon per 300 square feet which comes out to about $16.50 per 1000 square feet.

EMG is $350 per 5 gallon pail or $17.50 per quart. At the recommended rate of 1 quart to 7 quarts water, the solution cost would be $8.75 per gallon. GG recommends 1 gallon per 1000 square feet.

If I've done my math correctly, the EMG would be a little over half the cost of roundup.

Even if you mixed the roundup at the more potent 3 oz. per gallon, the solution cost would be $8.25 per gallon, only slightly more than EMG.