Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 07-06-2007, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Member

engine on z or super z question

Hello. This question could be for PJ the hustler rep or anyone that has alot of experience with them. I was at my local dealer that I get alot of equip. from and he started carrying them. He had the Super Z with 26l.c. and 60inch deck. To me the 26 l.c. has plenty of power however with all the hydraulic drain this machine is going to create with the 21 cc pumps is this really enough engine? What do people usually go with the 30 Kohler or the 28 efi Kohler or do they go with the 26 l.c. kawi?? Maybe this has been asked I did a quick search and didnt see it. I drove it around the lot becuase I was so curious and it seemed like it had a ton of hydro whining noises and wasnt sure if thats normal from a super z with those giant motors or if it was due to the lack of power?? Any insight on thes questions? Thanks in advance guys.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The 26 is a great engine and used on the Super Z is a excellent choice.
The louder hydros is just the larger 21cc pumps, you are used to hearing 10cc pumps.
You need to demo the mower and see for yourself what it will do for you on your properties.

Pj
Old 07-06-2007, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Do you guys suggest people opt for the two larger engine choices? Essentially what engine sells the best with a 60inch deck on your machines if that data is available? I have heard mention you guys make sure the 30 Kohlers you sell are updated. The dealer I stopped at only stocks kawasaki engines because the sales person feels in his opinion they are better.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossmp View Post
Hello. This question could be for PJ the hustler rep or anyone that has alot of experience with them. I was at my local dealer that I get alot of equip. from and he started carrying them. He had the Super Z with 26l.c. and 60inch deck. To me the 26 l.c. has plenty of power however with all the hydraulic drain this machine is going to create with the 21 cc pumps is this really enough engine? What do people usually go with the 30 Kohler or the 28 efi Kohler or do they go with the 26 l.c. kawi?? Maybe this has been asked I did a quick search and didnt see it. I drove it around the lot becuase I was so curious and it seemed like it had a ton of hydro whining noises and wasnt sure if thats normal from a super z with those giant motors or if it was due to the lack of power?? Any insight on thes questions? Thanks in advance guys.
Not enough engine, you really can't get enough engine on a Super Z. I was running side by side with my 28 efi and a 32 hp Vanguard on a Bad Boy, the fellow driving the Bad Boy said I could hear your engine falling back and I said yep these pumps pull more than you would think. The 32 Vanguard never changed sounds.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Do you guys suggest people opt for the two larger engine choices? Essentially what engine sells the best with a 60inch deck on your machines if that data is available? I have heard mention you guys make sure the 30 Kohlers you sell are updated. The dealer I stopped at only stocks kawasaki engines because the sales person feels in his opinion they are better.
For a long time the 25 Kawasaki was the # 1 seller on the 60" Super Z, then the 27 Kohler took its place and now the 30 Kohler is about there.
The 30hp Kohlers about a year and a half ago needed a couple updates, anything built in the last year is of the latest design, no worries to be had there.
You need to talk to your dealer, some dealers stock and push certain engines because of their distributor and relationships with the particular mfg.
You can always order in what you want.

Pj
Old 07-09-2007, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply Puppy Paws. I was thinking that the 26 had to be pushing it. I have heard its a great engine I just dont think with 21cc pumps it would have enough power for alot of conditions. With only the 28 efi and the 30 Kohler as larger alternatives what do most people opt for? Does anyone have that information? Its ashame that there arent more choices I was very impressed with the build quality when I looked at the machine. I was also impressed with the price point that the regular z was hitting and thought it would be a great home for that 26 l.c. kawasaki but its not an option.

PJ -- Do you know what the most common engine choice is on a 60 inch super Z?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
PJ -- Do you know what the most common engine choice is on a 60 inch super Z?
I detailed them as good as I can in my last post.

Pj
Old 07-09-2007, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I would like to see the torque specs on each engine, I know a local guy here that wanted to trade in his 26 LC for a 30 Kohler, he drove the 30 Kohler and did not think it had the power of the 26 LC.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson03 View Post
I would like to see the torque specs on each engine, I know a local guy here that wanted to trade in his 26 LC for a 30 Kohler, he drove the 30 Kohler and did not think it had the power of the 26 LC.
30hp Kohler information.

MODEL Command PRO CV750
MAX. POWER @ 3600 RPM hp (kW) 30 (22.4)
DISPLACEMENT cu. in. (cc) 45 (747)
BORE in. (mm) 3.3 (83)
STROKE in. (mm) 2.7 (69)
PEAK TORQUE @ MAXIMUM lbs. ft. (Nm) 47.1 (63.8) @ 2600
COMPRESSION RATIO 9.4:1
DRY WEIGHT lbs. (kg) 105 (47)
OIL CAPACITY U.S. quarts (liters) 2.0 (1.9)
LUBRICATION Full pressure w/full-flow filter
DIMENSIONS L x W x H in. 20.5 x 17.7 x 22.5

26hp Kawasaki information.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info