Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-29-2001, 06:55 PM
casey

Quote:
Originally posted by lawrence stone

Well I am going to offer a $99/month (9months=$900 yearly) complete lawn care package for 2-4K homesites. This includes a spring AND fall power rake and aeration, fertilization (4 apps of 5-10-31 at half rate), mowing, and fall leaf grinding.
I would suggest you offer 3 packages. The first a mow&blow at (guessing)$60 per month. A middle package at $90 & the full service package you describe above at $120 (adjust figures accordingly). This way you have three bids on each job, dramatically increasing your chances of landing a large volume of contracts. Also this way your advertisment can read "Complete lawn service starting at $60 per month". The phone will ring off the hook. Mow&blows can be as profitable as your full service if you have the volume & proper equipment for efficient mowing.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thelawnguy
If you like, I can stop by one of your accounts on Tuesday and show you how its done.

Contact me.
Well since you have not yet taken me up on my offer I will have to retract it since I need to have something to do tomorrow.

But, hey, at least you are staying consistent mdb. (read my signature)
Old 10-29-2001, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

sorry i didnt get back to you lawnguy. i got ticked off how the whole thread changed hands when "Mr. Stone" started talking about doubles. i stopped checking it, cause nobody answered my question.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Back On Topic...

I saw the Salsco at the Big E last year...my first impression was that a) new, it was expensive, b)appeared to be marketed toward the first-time LCO buyer who is used to homeowner, i.e., crapsman type stuff, c) makes the Giant Vac (which I always considered dinosaur engineering anyways) appear state-of-the-art.

Take a ride some day and compare units by Trac Vac, Giant Vac, and Billy Goat as well, (there's a green one I dont know the brand sorry) better yet talk with guys who use the stuff, this is the time of year to do it. Don't worry about the machine going anywhere, the leaf season is fast ending and Im sure the unit will still be available in a couple weeks.
Old 10-30-2001, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

thanks bill. i am considering giant vac and billy goat heavily. i may just have to wait till next year. i waited too long.
Old 11-01-2001, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Member

loader

:blob3:
That is an excellent deal. Buy it if you can.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Check with Lesco, I think Salsco makes thier leaf vac. I bought mine new in 97 for around $2100. Works great.