Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-29-2007, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I doubt that we will hear from him at all. I personally think that the ruse of him riding for the Shriners was a facad to hide his desire for self promotion.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accu-cut Lawn Care View Post
Guys, I hate to say it; but this hack is crazy. I'll bet dix to dollars that he's never even sat on a ztr before. He's a pizza boy for goodness sakes. Do you know how much gas money alone it would take to do what he is pipe dreaming to do...Lets not forget about hotel,maint, and food expenses, too. It would cost upwards of 200,000 to make a voyage like this. Don't pay him anymore attention- IT's just a waste of time.
Well you were right and we were wrong , i think personally he did pretty well going though 15 states with no back up trucks etc, i still hope he posts his story and we can experience the highs and lows of what would have been an interesting journey, maybe Dixie Chopper can tell us thre reasons that the ride ended ? or at least what Lou said on the phone.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgropher View Post
Well you were right and we were wrong , i think personally he did pretty well going though 15 states with no back up trucks etc, i still hope he posts his story and we can experience the highs and lows of what would have been an interesting journey, maybe Dixie Chopper can tell us thre reasons that the ride ended ? or at least what Lou said on the phone.
You are the first person who has eluded to the fact that I was correct in thinking that this dream would never happen. I did however have a lot of pms stating that I was the devil or something for thinking the way I did. In my opinion, Louis Ransome was a normal person who just wanted to get his name out or be known for something... It wasn't about the kids...I'd understand underwriting the Shriners if he had a kid with cancer or something; but, he didn't. I'm almost sure he did that so he'd have some sympathy when he got pulled over. Also, the fact that he just left the mower at a rural gas station makes me sick. That ******* wasn't even accountable for the mower that he was given to use for FREE! What an irresponsible loser.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgropher View Post
I'm not sure what you want me to say i haven't heard from him since that phone call. Nothing has changed he stopped the ride we did not. We do have the mower back and it wasent a pump failer we adjusted it and it is fine. We told lou not to worry about the mower we would pick it up and we did. I still wish him well.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well Rick i wont reread the thread but you said it was not your fault (DC's) is what Louie said on the phone, i just thought he may have mentioned what the reason was, i personally believe it could be lack of finances and fatigue couple with the hydro problem.

Funny Rick i read a couple of things in the mechanic repair section which made me wonder if there was just some adjustments needed, it seems thats correct , so i guess in the end it only needed a few minutes work to get it going again ,, bugger eh ?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow .. what a crazy post. I just got turned onto it today. I wish i would have cought on while it was evolving.

From what i can see... the guy hasnt posted since April. And just the though of having my ears blasted from a large horsepower mower for 15 states, for however long it took him would make me want to dump the mower off and head home as well.