Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-06-2007, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Member

How did you create you're logo?

All of you guys out there with cool company logos, how did you create them or what software did you use? Thanks.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My sign guy actually made it when we did our signs. He gave me a copy for the embroiderer.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I used a logo template from the Gopher software site. Mine really sucks, but I am not gonna pay lots of money to have a logo professionally done. Think sometime I may try and make a better logo using a differnt template...

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 08-07-2007, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I would reccommend that you download the 30-day free trial (absolutely no catches) of photoshop from adobe.com, it's a little work to learn how it works, but once you do it's really easy to make professional quality work. I would suggest you take an hour or two to play around with the software, maybe look at some of the tutorials online (there are tons) and then make an attempt at a logo.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

There are actually freeware programs that are (fairly) easy to use and produce some terrific graphics -- if you have some skills. I don't mean art skills since I can't draw worth a hoot with a pencil and paper, but I have a decent eye for quality. I just developed it over time.

One program I've recently started using that produces some decent stuff is called Inkscape. You can download free fonts and royalty free images and work with this. Another free program that has some artistic value is Artweaver. You can save files as native graphics files that you can use on the web or that your printer can use to print whatever it is you need.

I would suggest, however, that unless you are willing to put a lot of time into developing your skills that you let a pro handle it. You can get a logo drawn for a couple of hundred dollars easy. Chances are, whatever you draw in 1-2 hours isn't going to be pro quality, and the last thing you need is amateur graphics on whatever it is you produce. If you want to chance it, just ask your printer his or her opinion of what you produce. Tell him someone else did it to get an honest view.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I advertised on craigslist for a graphic designer. I received about 30 responses and whittled it down to about 5 that had done work in a style I liked. I then had each of them put together a proposal for the logo and other items I was looking for. I picked the one that put together the best package.