Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2007, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Another Kohler Carb Problem

Well both of my two 15HP CV15T Spec 41579 Disp 426 are leaking gas past the carb. A few months ago the first one started and ended up being a flaw in the seat surface so I put on an old carb. Now I got a second one....Need idea where I can buy these for less than $80.....if possible. These dam carb are only warranted for 90 days...nice....rest of motor is 2 years.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well Ed,

I checked around and that seems to be the going price or within only a couple bux.

It just doesn't make sense that these two engines are eating carbs, Are you running the higher octane fuel or adding any additives to the fuel ?

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrorob View Post
Well Ed,

I checked around and that seems to be the going price or within only a couple bux.

It just doesn't make sense that these two engines are eating carbs, Are you running the higher octane fuel or adding any additives to the fuel ?
Because of a starting problem on one we switched to 89 after shop did something on valves.....this one unit has been a hard starter from the beginning and after 1 year I got fed up and took it in.....Now yesterday I noticed the dam thing was leaking gas into cyclinder and obviously that made it hard to start. I am fusterated with these replacement engines I put two on during winter(even though my other units were running okay) and they have not been good for me. If this unit don't start easy after I put this $80 carb on I am going to put the old carb back on take the engine to the shop and tell them to send it back to kohler I am done with it...Maybe I will look at Kaw again instead of the cheap $600 Kohler...any thoughts on that? End of rant.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well, Something should be done about these engines with all the trouble you have with them.

If the shop you take them to can't figure out the problem all they have to do is call their dealer tech. support number and get the big wicks in on it.

A problem such as this could/would be hard to isolate without being able to see and touch the equipment.
There is a reason, It's just got to be found.....

If you can't get any satisfaction then maybe you should look into something else.

Good Luck

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!